12

Resting all day and eating was what Jesse and Beca did, and dinner time finally came. Both were now back in their pajamas and it was only a matter of time until Jesse surprised his beautiful girl.

As Jesse was making dinner, he continuously looked back at Beca sitting at their small dining area. The closer it got to having to surprise her, the more nervous he got.

As they ate, the pair spoke quietly, talking about their college friends, family, and stuff that just flowed out.

"Chloe's engaged"

"Benjis apparently with Emily"

"Fat Amy and Bumper are expecting"

"A dog got caught in a tree today"

"I'm proposing."

Becas fork fell onto her plate, clattering as it went. Staring at him with wide eyes, she stood in her seat shocked.

"What?"

"I'm proposing."

And that was all it took, Beca leaping out of her chair and into his lap, kissing him. "Yes, yes, yes!" She spoke against his lips. He chuckled, tears springing to both their eyes as he pulled out the simple silver band, with a small cut diamond sitting atop. Sliding it onto her finger, he spoke his vow.

"I promise you from this day forward, I promise to love and cherish you. To hold you baby in the bad times and good, for you have made me the happiest man alive. Beca I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with someone else, you have become my other half. I just want to be whole instead of half, I just want to see you smile, laugh, cry, feel you hold my hand  and your lips against mine. I just want to marry you."

"A thousand times yes." And she kissed him again.

~
That night, both indulged in each other and their love for each other, naked bodies, sweat, heavy breathing.

Laying down next to each other, Beca wrapped an arm around Jesse's waist and closed her eyes. She enjoyed these moments where she could just relax and melt into him.

"Jesse I wanna tell you something," she whispered into his ear. She could feel him hum, a response for her to continue. His hand rubbed up and down her back comfortingly, their breathing in sync.

"I'm glad you pushed me for this, I really am. If you hadn't, I don't know where I'd be right now and I'm just glad I'm here with you. And able to love you and people and able to want what I never wanted. I'm glad you opened my eyes to this. I'll never be able to repay you and thank you enough."

Jesse's breathing hitched and he whispered back into her, "Just love me and that's all I want in return."

From then on, Beca knew what she had to do and that was give Jesse her all, no holding back, scared or not, and giving everything she had to him. It wasn't a matter of pleasing him, but a matter of pleasing herself and giving herself peace.

She wanted this, she wanted to do this- give her all to get it all. She had found her love and it all made sense to her. The fights, tears, sweat, blood, heartache, pain- all of it made sense as she sat with her soul mate at that very moment. Everything fell into peace and that's all she could ask for. And this is just what she wanted, always, even if she didn't realize it until now.

~~
A/N: so this chapter is short but from now on I think I'm gonna make the next chapters from First Person POV's just to make it a little different. Let me know what y'all think ! Xo