Plane Party

Mikoto leaned her head on the shoulder of her boyfriend Ben Tennyson. The inside of the plane which currently had it's lights out for the night, was noisy with the sound of crying children and snoring adults..  But Mikoto didn't care... the warmth of Ben Tennyson was all she needed to remain calm.

Ben slept peacefully in the aisle seat next her.. muttering something about aliens and smoothies occasionally, but never snoring thanks to the fact he was sleeping upright. 

Mikoto smiled as she caressed Ben's hair. He was so cute when he slept. Of course Ben told her the same thing, but she had to wonder what was the overall definition of 'cute.'

Was sexiness cute? Or endearing childish behavior cute? Or cuddly Gekotas cute? Just what was the definition of cute?

Mikoto sighed and tried not to think about anything too complicated. It was time.. she was finally going to Ben's home.. to where he grew up.

Bellwood City..

Mikoto had only been there once as a favor to Gwen to attend a prom with Ben as Kevin and Gwen's friends.. but they had only stayed one day..and Mikoto had barely seen two blocks of the city because she fell asleep in the cab..

But this was a real visit... 

It was Christmas Break, and she was staying with her boyfriend's family for the holidays. She had been most surprised when Sandra and Carl, Ben's parents, sent her the invitation.

"To be honest, I've been thinking about taking you back home for weeks." Ben had said. "But I wasn't sure how your Dad would take it.. I think he still doesn't like me too much.."

"He hates you." said Mikoto cheerfully. "But I love you more then he hates you.. I'll go!"

"Uhhh.. promise he won't hunt me down?" Ben said.

"If he does, introduce him to Rath." said Mikoto. "That's how serious I am about this! I AM going to go whether you or Dad approve or not!"

Ben then smiled with a cheeriness that sent Mikoto feeling absolutely a jitter with cheer. "Thanks! This is going to be awesome!"

And so there they were on the plane, cuddling together on the seats, not caring about how awkward it looked, the two of them wrapped tightly in blankets.

Mikoto kissed her sleeping knight in shining armor on the cheek. She was in heaven with him.. even on a noisy plane like this.

"Attention passengers." said a voice. "We will now begin our descent into Bellwood. On your left, you will be able to see the hometown of the famous Ben Tennyson, who currently resides in Academy City focussing on his studies."

"Or not. " said Mikoto with a chuckle. "More like relaxing with his folks and girl for a nice shot at opening gifts on the 25th."

Which reminded Mikoto. Ben's birthday was on December.  Early December in fact.. she had already gotten him a gift.. the new Sumo Slammers Tournament Edition game.. he'd appreciate that.

"Mikoto.." Ben moaned, his eyes sliding open. "Are we there yet?"

"Almost.." said Mikoto. "You hungry by the way?"

"Very.." Ben said. "But let's wait till we get to my place.. Mom's probably cooking us something.. "

"Sounds like a plan." said Mikoto. "So.. is there REALLY an entire settlement of aliens lurking under Bellwood?"

"Yep.." Ben muttered sleepily. "Under Town is what they call it. I kind of did this really big Way Big battle with another.. er.. Evil Way Big.. long story.. caused lots of damage. Aliens flew in to repair stuff.. and some of them stayed.. and then Under Town was born.. "