Fly.. FLLLLYYYY!!

Ben and Mikoto had returned back to  Ben's house.  Why they did so, would soon become apparent.."

"So.." said Mikoto as she followed Ben up into the attic. "This is where you keep it all?"

"Yep!" said Ben shuffling away a few dusty boxes to reveal a host of old alien weapons with cobwebs on them. "Back when Grandpa owned this house, he kept all his old Plumber Weapons up here.. should be enough to take on a small army up here.."

"Why do we need this stuff?" Mikoto asked as Ben passed her one of the large space guns. "I've got my power, you've got the Omnitrix, can't get any better then that.."

"It's not for us.. it's for Mom and Dad.." said Ben. "I'm not leaving them defenseless this time.. not after Vilgax.. It's on me to make sure they're safe.."

As Ben and Mikoto exited the attic, the front door opened, and both Sandra and Carl entered, talking with each other cheerfully.

"Hey there Ben." said Sandra. "Mikoto you okay?"

"Sorry Mom.. business." said Ben. "Alien business.

"Well a hero never rests huh son?" said Carl. "Doctor Animo again?"

"Actually Animo is a little.. dead.. they found his body in Avignon.." said Ben. "And this is way more serious... Dad..."

Ben handed his father one of the Plumber weapons..

Carl took on a serious expression.  "That kind of alien business huh?"

"Yeah.." said Ben. 

Carl put a hand on Ben's shoulder. "Be careful son..  Honey, put down the shopping.. keep the curtains shut.."

"Sure.." said Sandra putting down a shopping bag and wheeling over to Carl.

As Mikoto made her way to the front door, she noticed the shopping bag was full of wrapped presents.. several of which.. had her name on them..

Mikoto had a sudden urge to protect Carl and Sandra with all her might. They had accepted her almost immediately from the moment they met, Given her all their love.. as if she were their own daughter.  

It was no wonder Ben was a super hero.. he had gotten all these traits.. this desire to help people.. all from the ones who raised him.. 

Before Ben opened the door.. Mikoto ran over  to Sandra and hugged her.. 

"Oh!" Sandra exclaimed. "M-Mikoto! Are you okay?"

"Uh.. just.. very grateful you guys let me stay here." Mikoto said as she broke away, blushing. "W-we'll be back by tonight!"

As Ben and Mikoto left the house, Mikoto nudged Ben with her elbow. "Hey! Your parents are pretty darn cool.. you know that right?"

"I've known that all my life." said Ben. 

There was a flash of green light, and Jetray flew off with Mikoto clinging to his back..

Minutes passed... and there was a knock on the door of the Tennyson residence. Sandra gave Carl a frightened look, and Carl nodded, priming the plasma blaster in his hands.. He peeked through the peephole in his door, and carefully opened it. He sighed with relief. "Honey.. it's just a kid.. no worries."

"Yes indeed." said Teitoku Kakine, smiling at Carl. "No worries at all.. by the way.. I wonder how  much Ben Tennyson loves his parents... could you tell me?"

_____________________

"I can't see anything.." Jetray muttered as he glided over Academy City. "What about you? See anything that seems remotely ominous and alien?"