Part 50

(SANYUKTA'S NARRATION)

The week passed by... and soon it was the time we were heading back... same as before.... we came till Delhi together... and then I left for Kolkata.. where as he started for Pune... but unlike last time... we were happy... contended... Last time we never knew, when next we would meet.... how would our parents react... but by almighty's wish everything took its shape naturally...

Days rolled into weeks... and weeks into months... my 'now distant relationship' with Randheer was growing stronger in leaps and bounds.. yes.. we did fight.. argued over small things.. he did irritate me with his idiotic demands like.... "show me which dress are you going to wear tomorrow for office... put in on and send me a pic...".. I mean seriously....!!!! you come back from office hell tired... help out your mom in kitchen and little chores... and finally when you are just about to sleep.. not to forget to set alarm at 5 'o' clock... your boy friend wants to see you in office dress... huh... but you know... when you are in love everything seems sweet...otherwise.. you may never imagined to entertain such thing...

A week later... It was Trisha's engagement.... life seemed to be a fairy tale for her... She was looking absolutely gorgeous in that pink banarasi saree with silver strings... just wow... Sahil too was just dashing in that steel grey suit and white shirt.... and then there was my kiddo.... deep blue jeans... vertical black stripes with bottle green base shirt and black blazer...his tummy was out a little.. but cute...and then me... everyone was rejoicing...and the exchange of rings took place... with a shower of rose petals... the ambience was ethereal... but Randheer was no where to be seen now... My eyes were searching him....

There he was sitting in food corner gulping down one after the other rasgullas without a break... HE WAS TENSED.... yes... that was him.... whenever he was tensed he gobbled anything and everything sweet... I went up to him... those kiddish eyes looked at me in confusion... then turned around... what the...!!!! "Randheer turn... look at me"... he shook his head... "let me eat... I am starving".... I snatched the plate from him... and dragged him to a room.... yeah... Trisha and all the girls were getting ready here... and now all were busy in the engagement ritual...so the room was empty... "sit".. I ordered... and like a obedient kid he followed... " now tell me what's wrong????"... "no.. nothing..".. chipped he... "Rony don't ever try to fake anything okay... I very well know you.. and your habits"... I glared.... "mummaa....".. he pleaded... I sat on my toes in front of him at took his palms... "please baby".. I softened my voice.... "wo... wo... meko 1 month me doosra job dhundna hai..." he said in a go... I almost lost my balance and sat on the floor with a thud... "what are you saying???".. I did not recover from the shock yet.... "yeah.... the management will fire me next month..."...he replied in a straight face again....

f4abuuDZ