Secrets Revealed

So, it's been a while. I've been really busy with school and family for the past two or so weeks and I am really sorry for the lack of updates so I'm going to try to post some longer chapters this week. Also, I am going to start wrapping this story up, I'm aiming for about 5 to 10 more chapters. But as always. Votes, comments, and follows are appreciated. Enjoy!

~Jeff's POV~

I ran as fast as I could. The trees around me were only a blur as I finally saw a house in the distance. Doubling my speed, I broke through the trees to see Alice being pushed out of her window. I rushed to catch her before she crashed into the ground.

Cradling her in my arms, I looked up to see a grey figure falling towards me. I jumped back and ran to the edge of her backyard. I sat Alice down and turned towards the Rake. He growled at me and I sneered back at him, reaching my hand into my pocket to draw out my knife.

He eyed the sharp blade and growled even louder. The porch light turned on and I flinched. He took the opportunity and lunged at me. 

Alice cried out my name as I fell back, his claws embedded in my leg. I looked up and brought up my knife, stabbing him in the side. No matter what happens to me, I will not let him get to her.

Even if it means the death of me.

~Alice's POV~

I watched as that monster attacked Jeff. I sat there helplessly, crying out his name. Apparently I wasn't the only one who heard the commotion. I saw the porch light come on and my parents ran out. a shotgun in my dad's hands. He took one look at the two that were fighting and took aim.

"NO! I WON'T LET YOU HURT HER!" Jeff growled as he threw that thing into a tree, managing to hurl him right through it.

To my horror, it got back up and charged at Jeff. I looked back at my dad and forced myself to move and stop him. But I was too late.

A gunshot sounded through the night and I crashed into him.

"Alice! What are you DOING?! GET OFF OF ME!!" he yelled.

"NO! HOW COULD YOU HURT HIM!?" I screamed back, crying hysterically.

I turned to look at what he had done, only to be surprised. Instead of shooting them both, Jeff had jumped out of the way at the last moment and hit the thing that attacked me.

My dad shoved me off and reloaded, pointing it at Jeff.

"NO! DAD STOP!"

~Jeff's POV~

"NO! DAD STOP!"

I froze and looked behind me. Her father had aimed his gun back at me, Alice desperately trying to stop him.

"YOU MONSTER! STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!" he yelled.

I just growled and turned around, limping towards the Rake. He was disoriented from the gunshot but still moving. He got up and ran towards me again. I sidestepped and grabbed the back of his throat, slamming him in the ground. 

He struggled but I only tightened my grip, making him wheeze. He struggled even more, managing to stab me in the side with his claws. Blood bloomed out from the wound, staining my already stained hood.

I growled in pain as my grip loosened and he took the opportunity to escape. I watched as he charged at Alice and her family.

I chased after the Rake, ignoring the pain in my leg, and tackled him down before he could reach them. I tightened my grip on my knife and slammed it into his skull. The Rake's body jerked violently then went still.

I sighed and withdrew my knife from the corpse, earning a sickening slurp as I yanked it free.

I stood up slowly and looked Alice's father in the eyes. Alice ran to me and hugged me tightly, burying her face into my shoulder where she started to sob.

Immediately, a hot flash of pain shot up my side. My knees buckled and I fell, leaning against Alice. A pained cry worked its way up my throat. 

Alice immediately gave me a worried look.

My vision blurred a bit as I looked at my side. My hood was drenched in blood. Alice turned to look at her parents. that single motion alone shot another white hot bolt of pain up my said and I moaned in agony.

I distantly heard Alice speaking but I couldn't understand what she was saying.

~Alice's POV~

"Dad, please! HELP HIM!" I cried hysterically.

My mother turned to me and started walking, glaring at my father.

He grumbled, but walked closer and grabbed Jeff out of my arms. Jeff groaned out in pain and my heart cracked a little just listening to it. I rushed into the house and grabbed the medical kit. My dad set him on the table and my mother started to clean the wounds.

Every time he cried out in pain, my heart ached.

After nearly two hours, Jeff was asleep on the couch wrapped in bandages. I grabbed a blanket and spread it on his sleeping form. 

I laid on the floor where I curled up and fell asleep.