Chapter Six

I wake up with a groan. Today was so going to suck. After the episode- correction, many episodes yesterday, today I was going to meet all my consequences. I dress in my normal black suit. These things were the worst. They were stiff and showed every curve a girl's got.

    "Wake up sunshine," Maddison says outside my door, "I brought coffee."

I whip my door open and rip the coffee out of her hands.

    "My lifesaver," I whisper.

    "Thank you," Maddison was completely clueless that I was I talking about the coffee.

    "Oh hi Maddie," I finally acknowledge her.

    "Well I was hoping you were talking about me but guess not," she mumbles.

    "You could be the side kick. I mean you did bring it to me." I try my best to apologize.

    "You know it isn't that hard to say 'I'm sorry,'" she frowns.

We walk down the hall to the kitchen to grab what we needed for breakfast. If we weren't careful, this is going to become a habit. I smile.

    "Why you smiling?" Maddie asks.

    "I was just thinking that this is going to become a habit, coming down here to grab breakfast then going to train. I remember doing it with you and everyone else before I left."

    "Yeah well not everyone is here anymore and not everyone wants to be friends with you. They are afraid of you."

    "What? That's stupid."

    "Yeah well the guys are afraid you're going to throw knives at them and the girls are afraid you're going to steal Mr. Hottie from them."

    "Well the boys better not piss me off and the girls can have Shawn all they want." It did make me mad that girls would want him though. He was not someone you would want to fall in love with, you would likely get dumped on your ass. The thought of some slut that we do have here being dumped on her ass did cheer me back up though.

    "I'll let them know," Maddie smiles.

    "How's the slut? I haven't seen her in a while." She tormented me endlessly when we trained together. She was jealous I had more of an ass than she did.

    "Veronica? She's gone for now but she'll be back sometime in December."

    "That's next month."

    "Yea she won't be invited to my birthday party, believe me."

    "She won't care. She'll just show up anyways." I say as we walk in the gym. Shawn wasn't here yet.

    "She was so mad that you got to leave before she did." Maddie had sadness in her eyes. I tried to ignore it.

    "Yeah well, I had business I had to take care of." I finish the conversation.

Maddie went off to warm up while I finished my coffee. As I was throwing it away, Shawn comes in.

Day two of hell starts now.

    "So today we are just going to work on techniques and controlling emotions," he chuckles, "I'm going to make you sissies cry."

It had only been two hours but this class seemed to last days. First we had started with warm ups, then knife throwing and now this.

    "What this egotistical maniac," I snicker, "is trying to accomplish is, to be able to defeat your enemy you need to control your emotions. What if they have your loved one?"