chapter nine

song of the chapter: fallout - catfish & the bottlemen

Aurora's POV

I mumbled profanities at my phone, mentally cursing Harry for not picking up at such an urgent time. What would he even be doing? What was making him so busy that he couldn't answer my calls?

"So, what's the verdict with Harry?"

"He's not answering any of my calls or texts. He either turned his phone off, put it on silent or is simply ignoring me. I'm guessing it's the latter option." I sighed deeply, leaning forward to rest my chin on my hand.

"Oh, sorry to bother you dear, but, we better get going. We don't want to be wasting your time." She was ready to pick up her handbag and leave, but I cut her off.

"No, no, it's okay, Mr. and Mrs. Baxter, I was kind of hoping you would stick around...I need answers." I interjected, fiddling with the pen in my other hand. Having the whole Baxter family here, right in front off me, was an opportunity I didn't want to pass up.

I had only heard about the situation from the government officials, but, it was time to hear their side of the story. Spending all that time with Harry made it look like he was the victim, although, he may as well be exaggerating it all. Maybe Harry wasn't telling me something that the Baxters would. Plus, Alex was pretty cute, not going to lie. It was hard to believe Harry hated his guts.

Okay, Aurora, stay on task.

"I'm afraid we have to go, Dr. Thornhill, it was nice to meet you. Obviously, Mr. Styles doesn't want an apology. Didn't expect him to, anyway." Mr. Baxter pulled Alex by the sleeve, yanking him out of his seat. However, it was Mrs. Baxter's turn to intervene.

"We could probably stay for a couple more minutes, John. We have nowhere to be, and I'm sure Dr. Thornhill is doing her best to...how do you say this...'cure' Harry. Alex, you can wait for us in the car."

"Alex can stay here, I need answers from him, too." I explained to them, "I need the situation from your perspective. Harry has barely told me anything about the incident, so he hasn't really been assisting me with this process. He's a little stubborn."

"Stubborn is an understatement - actually, he's a genuine asshole." Alex added, rolling his eyes.

Seemed like the hatred was mutual.

"Alexander!" Mrs. Baxter scolded, giving him a displeased look for his inappropriateness. "Sorry about him, you know, the youth these days, always cussing."

"Uh...yes. I certainly agree with you, Mrs. Baxter." I laughed nervously, just waiting for the subject to get back to the incident.

Little did she know, I literally swore three seconds before the Baxters barged into my office, after a massive pile of files on my desk toppled over and fell into a heap on the floor. Needless to say, I was slightly startled to see the door burst open while I was crawling on my knees, gathering up all the loose papers.

"Well, miss, you do look a little young yourself. Most of the therapists I've seen are at least over thirty years old." Mr. Baxter stated, staring me up and down. My self-consciousness kicked in, so I crossed my arms.

"I'm a psychiatrist, not a therapist. As a matter of fact, it's engraved into the plaque on the door to my office." I was always defensive over my job, especially when somebody stereotyped it. "And yes, I'm 21, so this is my first year working as a psychiatrist. I got off my butt, obtained myself a degree and went to medical school. Anyway, enough talk about me, we're here to talk about the incident. Firstly, what was Harry like during the two years you spent with him?"