8

Ian's POV

I walked back to the tree, tracing the very tips of my fingers to touch the soft wood. It was much clearer now, the writing was a fine, cursive print.

The color of the wood was a vibrant rose gold color and the roots that were stabbed into the ground were waved in different directions, making it that much more unique, yet beautiful.

I looked around the park, seeing as my vision had become brighter, yet so much clearer. My eyes became a more, shining blue as I eyed everything from, the fuzz on the pretty green leaves on the bushes spread across the lawn. The tiny pebbles on the sidewalk, each one having a small amount of unique color to them.

But, when I saw Anthony, his eyes were just as glowing as mine and for some odd, yet beautiful reason, his had shards of shining purple sparks, swirling around the pupil.

It made me curious, curious to see how this all started. This was so clear, yet I didn't understand. Everything was happening so quickly, I couldn't.. I knew I wouldn't understand. I feel as though my heart was leading to say, something so clear, could be so much more complicated to figure out, something so unclear could make a person curious, which leads to it being that much more clear to find the answer.

I never even understood that, it just wouldn't click in my head. I had zoned out, my mind wasn't working at the moment. I knew Anthony was shaking me out of worry, but I couldn't move as if my mind was stuck in another dimension.

I could move, but physically, I could not. It's almost like my spirit was exploring my thoughts as I stood on my feet, staring into nothing but dullness.

I moved my hand, seeing myself quite transparent, very curious. Yet then, I saw a small and delicate hand grasp into mine. I turned my gaze to the small glow that formed in front of me, connecting to the hand, pulling me forward.

I couldn't speak, I could just see the blonde hair poking out through the bright, white light. Then, it all dyed down as I saw Melanie's flawless face, turn to me. "Ian.." She whispered, pressing her hand to my cheek softly.

I only stared at her, letting a small smile grow upon my lips. "M-elanie.." I whispered, yet barely audible to anyone but her. She nodded and let a smile shine at me as I felt my eyebrows furrow Into a crescent shape.

She stroked my cheek with her soft thumb as she tilted her head to the side. "Ian, I needed to talk to you." She whispered, leaning over to kiss my cheek. I nodded a slight movement, causing her to exhale and close her eyes.

"Ian, I'm not here anymore." She said sternly, causing my eyes to widen and step forward. "Wh-at?" I shuddered, shaking my head. "Last night- well, humans-" She cut herself off, turning her head to the floor.

I gasped and leaned over to hug her tightly, immediately falling through her bright lights, glowing around her waist. I screamed softly, falling onto the cloudy floor. I felt a hand, grasp against mine as I was being pulled off the ground. She stared into my eyes and took a small gulp. "You need to listen to me." She whispered, giving me the serious stare she gave me when, well she was dead serious.

"You can't go back to downtown, they have put guards there, no hybrids to be found there. Also known, if you go down there and your caught, let's just say, they don't just put you to the shelter. Sadly, that is how I left." She said, putting her hand back to her side.

I frowned widely and let out small sniffs. "I need you to know, Ian. Anthony is honestly, going to help you through this. You just have to have faith." She whispered the last part as she pressed a kiss to my forehead.

I nodded quickly and she pulled away, giving me a sad smile. "I love you Ian, and you can do one thing before we both part our ways." She slowly kneeled down next to me, revealing her glowing koala ears. I gasped and let out a big smile as I reached my hand down, immediately able to touch her soft ears.

I smiled at the obsession and giggled softly, feeling my voice come back to life. "Melanie.. please don't go.." I whispered, feeling the small frown grow back to my lips. She shook her head as she stood back to her feet. "I must, don't worry Ian. You'll be married, have children.. we'll see each other before you know it.." She said, giving me an assuring smile.

I nodded slowly and smiled sadly. "Y-Your just my best friend.." I whispered, feeling very sad to losing her. She shook her head once more before I saw her start to fade away. "Faith." She whispered once more before she faded away, leaving me left into the whiteness.

I started seeing all of it turn black as I felt my eyes close slowly. "Melanie.." I whispered, before I felt my head hit the ground, out like a light.

-

I snapped my eyes open, looking around to see myself, on my favorite branch in the rose gold tree. I looked towards the ground to see Anthony having his sharp eyes stare into my soul.

He quickly climbed up to the branch, sitting down next to me. "You scared me." He said, giving me a frustrated stare. I shook my head and smiled, letting a few laughs escape my lips.

He tilted his head to the side, confused of why I was so dearly happy. "What's so funny?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. I just shook my head and closed my eyes, seeing the image of love just completely cloud my vision. "I saw my happiness." I whispered, opening my eyes to see a smile on Anthony's lips. "That's beautiful."  He whispered as if he didn't mean for the words to escape. But I couldn't have been ever more happy.