Chapter 3: Blackout

Cane
I stand up daring as Chad's grip begins to release, "Why don't you understand Cane? I know she's important to you, but right now you need to think about saving yourself"

With my tolerance level decreasing by the second, I nudge him slightly. Content that he began retreating I continued, "I am aware of all of it, the consequences of being found, the torture, the trauma, trust me I know. But what matters now, is that she's out there alone, probably searching for me. I don't know how she's surviving, if she's eaten or slept, she needs me right now more than I've ever needed her perhaps. And if I don't attempt to find her, I'd never be able to forgive myself, the guilt would kill me. I have to try, because I love her" I lean against the wall disturbed.

"Alright, if you're still persistent then think of it this way, if anything happens to you then what happens to her? You said yourself she's out there, all alone. If you're taken as prisoner no one would be able to find her. Give and take she does come to the palace to save you, don't you think that's the end of your love story? At least now you know there's a slight chance of you two working things out. You walking out right now would be the most inconsiderate decision you've ever made, for her, yourself and your love! Remember that" Chad replies firmly.

His explanations were both shrewd and forthright, he had a point. If I left I'd be gone and so will my love, I needed to find a way to get to her without being noticed. I look at Chad, immediately receiving a worried glance, "I'll stay, only if you find a way for me to reach her...By today!"

He breathes out as a blanket of relief washes over him, "Done!"

Scarlett
Dreary eyes and a mind wrecking headache welcome me as I awaken. I lay shaken and weak, Where am I?

I try pushing myself up but my hands restrict me, they're ..handcuffed??!

Disturbing foul smells consumed the pitch black room, I gulp trying to get rid of the hard painful lump formed in my throat.

An eerie silence hung over the room, not an object in sight, no light, no sound. My entire body, hidden by the darkness, I trembled with fear. The sound of a few items dropping instantly disturbs the peace.

I sum up the last bit of energy left in me, "Wh-ho's t-there?" I quiver as the sound of footsteps nearing me bear response.

"Aaahhh, your highness. Nothing to be afraid of, it's just your kidnapper" I recognised that voice, the same muscular voice from before. He carries on speaking, not giving chance for my reply, "Oh why have you brought me here? What have I done? Please let me go!Please don't hurt me!" His voice now squeaky and sarcastic. "You my dear, have done absolutely nothing, it's highly unfortunate when kids suffer for their parents. Tsk, what to do though, you are their weak spot. Guess you'll just have to obey or else" A bright light switches on seconds after his pause. I shut my eyes due to the extensive burning and slowly begin opening them.

Regret washes over me as a grotesque figurine emerges before me, seemingly belonging to a young girl. No wonder the room's infested with horrific smells!

''That is my or else princess" My gaze quickly shifts to the built silhouette crouching before me, his face concealed by a mask, "Leave her here, further plans will be discussed upstairs" With that he stands up and leaves.

A lean body steps front nodding in approval and moves in my direction. I yell and begin pulling my hands in an attempt to set them free, "Don't tire yourself, your screams aren't that loud to make anyone hear and even if they were you'd only make us hear them. You're stuck here, you should be content that he hasn't done anything to you as yet" He explains while opening my handcuffs.

"Heed my advice, stay put, don't get in trouble, and remember, what he says goes" He slams the steel door locking me in...