Chapter 16 : Destined for Doom

''Cane, in those three years, did you ever, I mean, were you ever with someone?'' He kisses my forehead and runs a finger down my arm, ''If that were the case, I wouldn't be here with you dear, there were times when I felt disconnected from you, when it felt as if all were fading, but I would read your letters time and time again to remind me of what I always wanted, what I always dreamt of having'' his words, ever so gentle, graces my face with a blushing smile.

He takes my hand in his, ''Did you?'' He asks curiously, I replace my smile with a frown, immediately placing him in discomfort, ''Scarlett?'' He questions as I awaken from his chest, still carrying the frown.

I force my gaze onto the bed and contain my laughter with much difficulty, ''Errr'' I mutter out and he stares in disbelief, ''Scarlett?'' His voice urges for answers, ''Well there was this guy'' I exhale deeply and refrain from glimpsing at his shocked face.

''Who?'' He grits his teeth angrily as his breathing increases in pace, ''You!'' I giggle loudly at his fearful expression. He breathes out as relief rushes through him, ''Don't do that!'' He moans and turns away from me.

I continue laughing at his overly adorable reaction, ''Okay okay I'm sorry'' my hands raised in surrender. He refuses to turn and groans further away from me, I place my hands on his muscled arm and try pulling him in order for his body to face mine. But it all seemed futile with his back still facing me.

I shout in frustration and finally accept defeat, I drop my body behind his and forcefully hook my arm into his, ''Cane'' he grunts and continues to ignore me, ''You don't know how difficult those years were without you, I don't remember a day that went by without shunning a tear, without forcing a smile. My heart would yearn to just know if you were okay, if you slept, if you had eaten, if you were sick'' I sigh as my body begins shaking, ''I can never be without you, I love you, more than I've ever loved anything or anyone'' he instantly tosses my body into the bed with his on top.

''More than pizza?'' He grins charmingly and brushes my curled hair resting on my cheek, ''More than pizza'' I giggle and press a soft kiss on his cheek.

He fumbles and turns us around again, I cuddle deeper into his warm built chest, belonging to me, he heaves gently and his warm breath graces the back of my neck. We found our bodies tangled in a comforting way, as if it were at ease from finding each other.

Our heart beat slowed down, as well as time, he grips me tighter forcing me to smile, the silence seemed appreciative as our eyes droop and burn from days of drama.

The warmth and care radiating off his body forces us to surrender into a blissful safe sleep, wrapped in each others arms. Everything seemed perfect and we were happy in our own little world. Those years apart changed nothing, we were what we always were, meant to be.

I rub my tiresome eyes and squint trying to clear my blurring vision, my body still ached and yearned for more sleep, I look to the empty space beside me. Where had he gone?

I fumble out of bed and force my feet around the gloomy house, ''Cane?'' I shout slightly afraid. No response served answer each time I called his name.

Panic manages to settle in my once calm body, he was nowhere to be found! ''CHAD, CANE??'' I shout desperately once again as tears begin placing themselves in my tired eyes.

No response from either of them! After rummaging through all the tiny abandoned rooms, I find myself losing hope as the last one comes into sight. He has to be in the lounge!! I drag my heavy legs quickly into the area but they immediately stumble in fear.

My body stands as if frozen, I gulp in fear at the silhouettes before me, ''Scarlett Scarlett Scarlett'' a voice is released, ''When will you ever learn to keep your word?'' William leans into the sofa and grins devilishly.