Chapter 13 : Lost Love

Scarlett

I watch pain filled as he leaves the room, distraught feelings managed to break barriers within me, allowing me to question the love we shared. I couldn't help but feel completely useless to the tormented reaction he'd portrayed, would I ever be able to get the answers my heart yearned for from him?

A knock on the door sends alarming waves of fear through us, Cane lifts his hand in my direction, ordering me to stay firm in my place. I examine closely as he carefully nears the door and places an eye on the peephole.

He quickly rolls his eyes and releases a tensed sigh as he opens the door, Chad barges in completely exhausted, he collapses to the ground dramatically forcing me to giggle.

''How did you lose them?'' Cane ignores his lifeless body sprawled on the ground and walks away knowing he clearly overreacted. Chad breathes heavily, ''You left me alone with those monsters!'' He pants exasperated and grabs hold of Cane's leg.

The scene ahead of me, aroused difficulty in containing my laughter, I cover my mouth giggling softly which immediately catches their attention.

Chad pounces up with his sudden burst of new found energy, ''So princess'' he takes a step toward me but is stopped with an arm around his shoulder, ''We need to talk'' Cane's grip tightens around his shoulder, making him flinch a little.

They both make their way into a seperate room, closing the seemingly old door behind their leaving bodies. I crouch onto the ground, utterly heart broken.

I never imagined my meeting after three years with the man I've given my heart, to be this way. His actions toward me made me feel as if he cared for me the way I did for him. But his words contradict and hurt me in unexplainable ways.

After a few moments of sulking, I gracefully stand up and decide to overhear the raging whispers from behind the door. I make my way closer, carefully avoiding any sounds that would alert them.

Once reaching, I slowly lean myself against the door and with much difficulty, try to overhear their talk.

''Now that's she's found out we have to let her go Chad! Why don't you see there's no need for her to be here anymore!! Understand my situation please!!'' A pleading Cane whispers all too loudly, providing way for an unbearable pain settling in my chest.

''I know Cane, but her safety comes first! As well as our lives! You saw what happened today! It could happen tomorrow right outside the castle when we release her! Just give it a week and I'll arrange for a stay that would distance her from you''

My heart broke silently at their heated argument, Cane wanted me gone, that could only mean that he had lost all love for me. I caress my face with my soaked palms and begin revealing my pain through tears.

I gather enough courage and push the door open, watching them immediately stare in regret and shock, ''You want me gone?'' I question a rather hurt Cane.

He remains silent, aggravating me by the second, I wipe my tear filled face, ''Do you want me gone Cane?!'' I roar slightly louder and he instantly responds fearfully, ''That's not what I meant Sca-'' he begins defending his hurtful words and I quickly stop him from doing so, ''Do you want me gone Cane??? Yes or No?!!'' I search his eyes desperate for a stay.

He looks away and sighs, ''Yes but it's not what-'' I immediately exhale and place an ordering hand for him to stop, I make my way over to the door, ''Then I'll go'' I whisper painfully.

Regret washes over me too soon as I think of never being able to see him again, but if that's what he wanted, then that's what I'd surrender to.

I set to leave the tiny old cottage when a hand settles around my waist grabbing me, I gasp at the sudden action and turn to find Cane holding me. His eyes completely blood shot and pain filled, ''Don't go'' he whispers breaking me further.

I push his arm away and grab the door handle.

--------------------

Chapter dedicated to @EvilSaint00
Wishing you a very happy 21st! Enjoy stud ;)