Flirting at the Card Game

“Bam,” Michael said as he threw a card on the table. “Me and my baby win again.” Micheal stood up and kissed Laura as they embraced.

“Duh, yall are on the same team every week.” Janet responded.

Laura laughed and said, “Well, ain’t it great that all of the couples are finally together?”

“Well, yes, but why don’t we mix up the teams. I coulda swore that you and Laura got some signals going on.” Penny said. “How about Terry and I, Janet and Michael, and then Steve and Laura.” Penny said.

Terry turned his head and looked approvingly at Penny and said, “I’m game.”

“Naw, I would whether lose with my girl than winning with anyone else.” Steve said while grabbing Penny and attempting to pull her close to him.

Penny quickly pushed him off, rolled her eyes and said, “Why you always gotta be a party pooper?”

Steve looked at Penny who seemed to be staring a little too long at Terry. Steve said, “It looks like you are a bit too anxious to stop playing with me.”

Janet looked angrily at Penny and said, “You better listen to your man, we don’t need no fight up in here tonight.”

“Come on girl, we just playing a game, why yall getting so sensitive. I was just trying to give everyone a chance, me and my Stevie are gonna now have to beat yall like a drum.” She pulled Steve to her.

Steve started smiling nervously. He was beginning to realize that Penny was all talk.

“Are we here to play cards, or are we here to talk smack?” Michael said.

“We here to play cards, go head and deal.” Penny said while stealing a quick glance at Terry. Terry smiled at her.

“Just deal the damn cards.” Janet said through gritted teeth.

From that point on Steve kept a close watch of Penny. She was obviously trading glances with Terry.

A few more hands later Terry said to Penny, “So what do you do Penny?”

“I work at a book publishing company in town.”

“You know I have been wanting to write a book.”

Penny rolled her eyes and smiled, “Everybody wants to write a book.”

“Well, I have even started writing it. It is a book on finance.”

“Well finance ain’t what I am into, but I know many people who can help you.”

“Wow, so you could help me get published?”

“Sure, here is my card, give me a call anytime.”

“I will…and here is my card.”

Janet looked angrily at the card and shot Penny a look that could kill.

They played a few more hands which Laura and Michael won easily. Then Terry said, “Maybe we aught to go ahead and switch teams.”

“That’s what I was saying.” Penny said while grabbing Terry’s arm.

“If you know what’s good for you you would get your hand off my man bitch.” Janet said.

“Hold on, let’s all calm down.” Laura said.

“That’s easy for you to say, this heffa ain’t pushing up on your man.” Janet said to Laura.

“OK, I think this is the end of our card game, it was fun, but yall ain’t gonna tear up my apartment.” Michael said with a smile on his face.

“Sounds good to me, we probably need to get home anyway.” Steve said.

“Just keep your damn hands off my man and there won’t be any problem.” Janet said.

“Where is this coming from? I thought we were friends.” Penny said.

“If you want to stay my friend, then you will stay in your lane…STAY IN YOUR DAMN LANE.” Janet said.

“Let’s just go…” Penny said to Steve. “It’s been great, but your girl need to calm down.” Penny said to Laura.

Steve and Penny walked out of Michael’s apartment and to the car.

“Can you believe that Janet? What’s the matter with her?”

“Maybe she don’t want a somebody to flirt with her fiance.”

“OH, I wasn’t flirting with him, you mixed up Stevie, he was flirting with me. I just couldn’t believe that he would do that in front…”

“You were flirting with him, maybe you were flirting with each other, and don’t think I didn’t see you give him your card.”

“Naw, that was business, business is business. You know that baby. Now if you want to see flirting…” She eased in and kissed him while allowing her hand to explore Steve’s body. “I think we need to get to your apartment soon.”

Steve did not really believe her, but he stopped thinking about things as Penny quickly worked his unit out of his pants. She leaned over. “Let me give you a preview of what you are gonna get tonight baby.” She said as she took his unit into her mouth.

******************************

“Can you believe her?” Janet said to Laura while Terry and Michael looked on.

“That bitch tried to push up on my man while I was standing right here.” Janet continued.

“Please just calm down.” Terry said.

“And you…” Janet turned to Terry. “You were enjoying every minute of it.”

“Naw baby.”

“Was he flirting with her Mike?” Janet asked Michael.

“Uh, ah…” Michael said. He seemed to be dodging the question. “I don’t know for sure, but…”

“Laura, you saw him flirting with her didn’t you?” Janet cut Michael off.

“I don’t know for sure, but they did exchange numbers.” Laura said.

“I forgot that shit. Give me the card Terry.”

“That’s just business Janet. You know I have been working on this book.”

“Give me the damn card.”

“So you gonna stand in the way of my publishing…”

“Give me the card…” Janet interrupted Terry and said more forcefully.

Terry took the card out and gave it to her.

Janet took the card and tore it up and threw it on the floor.

Janet then took Terry by the hand and said, “Michael and Laura, good to see you and bye.”

They walked to the car and drove back to Janet’s apartment.