Penny Passes The Test

Janet walked over to Steve’s office. He was on the phone. It seemed as though he was talking to a VanderHolt employee about the work that Watts was doing for them.

Steve pointed to the chair inviting Janet to sit down. And he kept talking. Janet noticed that Steve could really calm people down. He had a gift for telling people the truth even though they are angry as hell at you.

He hung up the phone and smiled. He looked at Janet and said, “We are late again and they are pissed.”

Janet laughed, “I see you calmed them down again.”

“I don’t think we can calm them down much longer. We really need to get this project done. We may have to do some overnighters to finish up.”

Janet smiled and joked, “Can you pull yourself away from the ladies to get the work done.”

“That reminds me, I really wanted to thank you for setting me up with Penny. I am really looking forward to getting to know her better.”

“Well, I…I didn’t really set you guys up, I just brought her in to play a card game.”

“I know, at times I can be a bit much to deal with.”

“What are you talking about Steve?”

“You brought her in because you didn’t really want to be my partner anymore. I know that.”

“No…just for a day, I love working with you.”

Steve smiled, “OK…”

“So it is going well with Penny?”

“Well is an understatement. I saw her yesterday and will see her again tonight. She is a great girl that I can’t wait to see. In fact I just talked to her today.”

“Steve…” Janet said in a slightly elevated voice. “I am finding out some things about Penny that I think you should know before you get too serious.”

Steve looked shocked and asked, “What?”

“She said…Well…uh…”

“Just spit it out Janet.”

“I think she might use men for money.”

“What makes you think that?”

“She told me that she is going to use you until she gets with another guy. A married guy.”

Janet felt relieved getting it off her chest.

“She told you that she is using me for money?” Steve said in a tone that indicated he did not believe her.

“That’s what she told me. In fact she told me that…that you are going to pay her rent this month.”

Steve looked shocked and then quickly regained his composure. He said: “So you get tired of me and you give me over to your girl and now that me and your girl are hitting it off, you want to get back with me?”

“We weren’t dating…”

Steve got loud, “And we never will, walking around here with your stuck up ass…Why don’t you just walk it up out of here.”

Janet got angry and yelled, “I’m trying to help your ass.”

“Just get out.”

“I’m going…”

“Fine…”

“Bye…” Janet walked out and shut the door and ran into Laura and Ashley standing there near Steve’s door.

“I guess he didn’t take the news well.” Ashley asked.

“He didn’t believe the news.” Janet said.

Laura asked, “Are you sure Penny said what you think she said.” Janet rolled her eyes and walked over to her cube.

*******************************

Steve was boiling mad after Janet left his office. He was angry at Janet, but he also realized that he was going to give money to Penny.

His thoughts played with him as he struggled with the idea that Janet is probably right.

Steve never could remember when Janet had lied to him. They had their issues at times, but this blow up was uncharacteristic for their relationship.

Steve reached for the phone intending to apologize to Janet for the outburst, but then dialed Penny’s number.

She picked the phone up on the first ring. “Hey Baby.” Penny said. “I’m just about to take off so that I can make my Baby some spaghetti for tonight.”

“Hey, I can’t really bring that money. Is that all right?” Steve said. “I know I promised, but some things came up and I can’t get my finances straight. Don’t be angry, but I am going to have to take a rain check on that giving you that loan.”

Steve thought, if she still wants to be with him even though he doesn’t bring the money, then he would still go ahead and ignore what Janet had said. But if not. He reasoned, that she probably was just another woman trying to get access to his wallet.

There was a pause on the line. “Oh…no Steve. I am shocked you would think that I would be angry. No…in fact I don’t want you to bring the money.” Penny said. She put an amorous tone in her voice and said, “Just bring yourself home and get ready for what I am going to do to you.”

Steve smiled. “What are you going to do to me?”

“Let me just say this, what you felt last night was nothing compared to what I am going to do to you tonight.”

Steve could feel himself twitch as he had to readjust himself so that his growing member would still be comfortable in his pants.

“Bye baby…” Penny said.

“Bye.” Steve answered as he hung up the phone.

Steve was happy he hadn’t called Janet and just stepped out of his office singing.

Steve packed up and walked over to Michael’s office.

“I am not sure if I can work with Janet anymore. Do you think we can transfer her to your or Laura’s group?”

Michael walked over to the door and shut it. He said, “You don’t want to do that?”

“How the hell do you know what I want?” Steve said.

“Laura told me about Penny…About her being a gold-digger.”

“You, your girlfriend, and Janet need to stop passing around lies. I know for a fact she doesn’t want any money from me.”

“Steve…”

“No don’t Steve me, I just need for you to help me get Janet off my team or I will go to Dr. Stevens myself.”

Michael said, “I’m your friend Steve. And whether you know it or not, Janet is your friend too…”

“I’m taking off because I have to run an errand. But if you are my friend then you will help me get my friend Janet off of my team so that I can get someone I can work with.”

Steve then opened the door and walked out Michael’s office. He headed to the bank to get the money that he originally was going to give to Penny. Now that she passed his test, he would surprise her with the 1500 dollars.