Steve And Janet's Phone Call

“Can I come in.” Terry said to Janet as he waited at the door for Janet to find her keys. Janet’s mind was ablaze with all kinds of thoughts. She wanted Terry to come in if for no other reason than to scratch that itch that hadn’t been scratched in a couple months. She briefly thought about how that battery powered toy was no match to being with a warm body.

But she wasn’t sure if she even wanted to be with Terry. He did cheat on her with her friend no less. That fool ain’t done enough groveling to win her back, she reasoned.

But all of these were side thoughts for the central fundamental question in her mind was who was that woman with Steve? In addition, why was he with her? Was it serious? She had no answer for any of them but they continued to grab her mind.

“Hello…Earth to Janet…Are you there?” Terry said shaking her back into their conversation.

“Oh, I’m sorry, you can’t come in today. You do know that we have a long way to go, I still haven’t forgotten what you did.” Janet said.

Terry looked her through the side of his eye. He lowered his voice and took her hand. “I know you miss me. I know you miss it.” He then slowly inched her hand over to his growing manhood which was strongly pushing against his pants.

Janet allowed her hands to be opened as she gently brushed the back of her hand against him.

Janet felt the heat in her own body rise as Terry’s erection grew. Terry leaned in for a kiss and Janet jerked her hand back and put her hands on her hips.

She then said, “I’m serious Terry, you have not proven to me that you are serious about me or our relationship. And anyway, why were you following Steve around?”

“I know you ain’t taking up for that Justin Timberlake wannabe.” Terry then took a step back. And said loudly.

“See this is the kind of Shit that makes me wanna…”

“Makes you want to what Terry?”

“Forget it.”

“No, makes you want to what Terry?”

“OK, I messed up. Is that what you want to hear.” Terry said.

“I want you to mean it more than I want you to say it.” Janet said.

Terry laughed, “Are you going to take care of me or am I going to have to take care of it some other way, I still got Penny’s number.”

Janet looked shocked.

“No, that came out the wrong way. I don’t see Penny anymore. You gotta believe me.”

“Bye Terry, and don’t call me again…” Janet said as she walked into her door.

“That’s it, it’s over, I’m tired of this shit anyway.” Terry said.

Penny slammed the door and just started crying.

***

Steve was sitting alone on his couch. On the coffee table was a can of beer and his hands was in a bag of cheese curls. He was aimlessly flicking through the channels finally stopping at a Southern College Football game from three years ago being broad casted.

He thought about calling Denise to provide a band aid for his pain, but he knew that such a thing wouldn’t help him all that much. Besides, she probably found someone else to take care of her that night.

Steve thought he might call Michael who usually helped him with his issues, but he really wasn’t feeling hearing anything that sound at all like that “I told you so” vibe. Steve didn’t want to hear dating advice from a guy who was just about to marry his significant other.

Steven then thought about calling Janet. But he was sure that Janet and Terry were consummating their reunion right at that moment. Just thinking about that caused Terry’s stomach to churn.

What was Janet doing? Why was she with a guy who cheated on her, and why would she string him along? Terry thought as Alabama rolled to another victory on the television.

Finally Steve just had to call somebody and the question that kept burning in his mind was why she went back to him. Steve dialed Janet’s number and the phone rang.

“RRRRRIIINNNGGG…..” Steve waited.

“RRRIIINNGGG…” Steve continued to wait but he got a little impatient.

“RRRI…”

“What do you want Steve,” Janet answered angrily.

Janet’s tone shocked Steve who thought, what the hell is she angry about.

“Why are you bothering me Steve…Well hold on, why did you stand me up Steve?” Janet said while emphasizing Steve’s name.

“Stand you up? I was there and I saw you…”

“You were there? I didn’t see you. Just stop lying. I hate it when people lie.”

“Hold on…” Steve attempted to interrupt.

“Who were you with Steve? Who did you stand me up for?”

“I wasn’t with anybody and I don’t know why you are so angry.”

“I am a busy woman and you are wasting my time, and now you are trying to lie to me.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about you. I’m talking about lying, trifling, male assholes like yourself.”

Steve was about to hit the roof at that point.

“Lying, trifling, what are you talking about?”

“I saw you and I saw you with her, some slut that you are screwing.”

“You didn’t see me screwing anybody, I can guarantee you that.”

“You make a date with me and then you stand me up for a slut in a trench coat.” Janet said.

Steve immediately recognized what happened, “What…How did you know…”

“So you admit it now, Steve.”

“I didn’t admit a damn thing…”

“That’s it, Steve, I am too old to deal with this mess.”

“Hold on…You don’t understand.” Steve said.

“Steve, don’t call me again, and you can consider this my 2 week notice, I hope I can find a job where I don’t have to deal with cheating assholes like you.”

“Cheating?” Steve said in a confused tone.

“Bye…” Janet said a moment before the line went dead.

Steve stood up and walked over to the kitchen and stopped on the way” He yelled, “AAAAAHHHHHH” and struck the wall with his fist leaving a big hole in the wall.