Four

{edited}

WHEN YOU'RE PART OF A TEAM, YOU STAND UP FOR YOUR TEAMMATES. YOUR LOYALTY IS TO THEM. YOU PROTECT THEM FROM GOOD AND BAD BECAUSE THEY'D DO THE SAME FOR YOU.
–YOGI BERRA

"REPORT TO YOUR STATIONS IMMEDIATELY," an accented voice said through the PA system. The three enhanced held each other's hands, looking at each other as the building and the ground shook. "This is not a drill. We are under attack."

Multiple HYDRA soldiers grabbed their guns from the racks, running outside to fight their assailants. Baron Strucker appeared in the room, asking (more like demanding), "Who gave the order to attack?"

"Herr Strucker, it's the Avengers," a man said, motioning to the screens that showed the battle outside.

A guard ran past, a gun on his shoulder, saying, "They landed in the woods, the perimeter guard panicked."

Strucker turned to Dr. List. "They have to be after the scepter. Can we hold them?"

"They're the Avengers," the first man said incredulously.

"Deploy the rest of the tanks!" Strucker ordered. "Concentrate fire on the weak ones. A hit can make them close ranks." He walked towards his associate, looking at the trio before saying, "Everything we've accomplished... but we're on the verge of our greatest breakthrough."

"Then let's show them what we've accomplished," List said, motioning towards the trio standing by the wall. "Send out the trio."

The three enhanced tried to make it look like they weren't listening but it was nearly impossible. They were barely five feet away and yet they were talking about them.

"It's too soon."

"It's what they signed up for!"

"My men can hold them," Strucker said, before walking away. List looked at the three of them before walking away.

Cara looked at Wanda, her brows scrunched together. Should we? Go out and fight them, I mean. Strucker said that he can handle it, but -

We have to do something. Besides, Tony Stark is with them, Wanda replied, hissing the billionaire's name. Cara let out a gasp to which she held their hands tighter. She could recall the multiple times the twins had told her about Tony Stark: how when the two of them were eating dinner with their parents, a Stark bomb had dropped through their home and their parents had perished. They had stayed in the rubble for days, thinking that the second bomb would go off and kill the two. Ever since she had heard their story, she wanted nothing more than to help the twins and hurt Stark the way he had hurt them.

Cara nodded and Pietro picked up the two girls, speeding off before the baron noticed.

"We will not yield," Strucker said to his men. "The Americans sent their circus freaks to test us. We will send them back in bags. No surrender!" The multiple guards repeated the saying, like a mantra, No surrender. Strucker turned towards List, "I'm going to surrender. You will delete everything. If we give the Avengers the weapons, they may not look far too into what we've been -"

"The trio," List interrupted.

"They are not ready to take on -"

"No, no, I mean..." He motioned to the now empty hallway. He was right. The trio was missing.

A/N: My homecoming was so much fun. It's weird that we don't have a sports team but oh well.

I realize this is short but I just wanted to add this scene since it's the first we see of them in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Also, the italics in which Wanda and Cara were talking, they were talking through their minds. If you guys see that again (which it will), just know that it's either talking through their telepathy or it's a vision/dream/memory. Enjoy!