Seventeen

{edited}

YOU HAVE TO FIGHT BATTLES MORE THAN ONCE TO WIN IT.
–MARGARET THATCHER

CARA HAD CHANGED into a light gray sleeveless blouse, purple skater skirt with matching gray boots that went up to mid-shin. She placed her hair in a loose braid, with some hairs still in her face but she just pushed them behind her ears. Her hand flew to her necklace and gasped when she felt it missing. The girl ran around the room, throwing her old clothes around.

"Looking for something?" an accented voice said. She whirled around to see Pietro wearing a tight blue shirt with dark running pants. In his hands was her bird necklace. "I found it on the floor of the lab."

Cara gave a sigh of relief. "Thank you. Can you?"

"Of course," he said and walked towards her. She moved her braid out of the way as Pietro placed the necklace around her neck. Cara smiled when she felt the familiar cool metal of the chain. Her eyebrows furrowed a bit as she felt something else touch her neck, something cold and hard. She looked down to see a silver lightning bolt on a chain now dangling from her neck.

She turned around to see Pietro blushing a little bit. "I saw it and thought of you."

"When did you –"

"Doesn't matter." He cupped her cheeks and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Stay safe."

"I should be saying that to you," she said and Pietro chuckled. "I'm serious. In all the months I've known you, you can be impulsive and quick tempered and you never think before you act." He gave her a playful glare. "But, you can also be sweet and incredibly kind and protective and –"

He shut her up with another kiss before hearing a throat clear. The duo turned to see the brown haired archer leaning against the doorway. "If you two haven't noticed, we're kind of in the middle of saving the world. You can kiss all you want later." Pietro and Cara turned redder as he walked out of the room.

ϟ

The Avengers sat in the Quinjet as they flew to the Maximoffs' home. Rogers spoke up, speaking through the comms.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for." His gaze focused on the twins for a second before talking again. "But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

The moment the Quinjet lands, Pietro and Cara speed off with Wanda in tow. Pietro sets his sister down before dashing off. Wanda wiggled her fingers, red wisps traveling from her fingers to the buildings and hitting the people's minds. As she did that, Cara began to sing.

"Come little children,
I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment.
Come little children,
The time's come to play
Here in my garden of magic."

As Cara sang and Wanda manipulated their minds, Sokovians began to pour out of their homes and into the streets; some of them were carrying suitcases or holding their children.

That's when the robots attacked.

A/N: I have 2 biology tests this week and I just want to cryyyy.

I realize that this chapter is probably really bad and kinda short and the next chapter might be worse 'cause I'm the absolute WORSE when it comes to describing fight scenes. And I also realize that the fact Pietro giving Cara a lightning bolt necklace is a little cliché considering that most Pietro Maximoff stories have done this. The reason I've chosen to do this is because a lightning bolt is Quicksilver's symbol in the comics (you know, how Thor's symbol is his hammer & Natasha's symbol is the black widow symbol). Also this song is obviously not mine. It's called "Come Little Children" and I don't know who the original singer is.

But I'll see you people on Friday for the next update. Bye guys!