Chapter 13

Chapter 13,

Rose sat awkwardly on Noah's carpet looking like she'd rather die than be here. Noah had a similar expression.

I winced as he typed while she spoke. This atmosphere is so thick, I was surprised no one had hyperventilated yet though Rose looked like she might.

She paused and looked at Noah for a second. "Noah, listen. You kissed me and I kissed you back. I'm not going to say sorry for your mistake. I'm going to say sorry for not pushing you away. Stop being stupid."

She whimpered so soft that I barely heard it as he stood up. He held out his hand. Hesitantly taking it, she shook it. I knew what he was trying to say. It was an apology. She knew it too.

Obviously, it was still awkward but after a while, Rose seemed to calm down a little and during the project, she seemed happier.

The second day was better and everyday was an improvement. They are together and hung out often. By the end of the project, they were like before.

The Angel even visited to tell me "Good job." But I was frustrated, they hadn't fallen in love yet, not even a little, ugh.

The day of the remarks, they got an A+. Rose was so happy, she wrapped her arms around Noah. He returned the hug.

After a second, they pulled away awkwardly. I was over the moon (ignore the pun), that was a start, right?

They looked so content with their friendship that sometimes I wanted them to stay this way but I saw Noah at home, smoking and I knew that he needed love to get back to normality.

I groaned as they ate lunch at a distance, are you kidding me? Scooting next to each other isn't that hard, is it?

My parents had improved, they started getting out, going to work. My mom was slowly getting better but my father looked like the life had been drained out of him.

That's when I realized how important I am to these people, the ones I truly care about. I sighed and put my head in my hands.

_______________________________
Cute yet important chapter, don't you think? Yes it is.