Chapter 4: Four Rhymes With War

It was two days after the honeymoon. It had gone brilliantly, Hat Films had built them a special cottage on a hill with their interests in mind. Rythian was so happy. Everything was great. They were still unpacking their things, so when it took Zoeya a while to get back upstairs to their room, he just assumed that she had spotted a piece of luggage that had yet to be unpacked, or was hunting down some toothpaste or something. It happens, unpacking's a bitch.

He started to get worried after night fell. Zoeya was terrified of the dark without him, but she wasn't anywhere in the house. She must have gone for a stroll or something. He hoped to God that was all it was.

After sunrise the next day a search was called out.

And the next day.

And the next.

On the Day She Went Missing....

Zoeya had gone downstairs to watch the sunset on her own. It was one of the few things she liked to do alone, some things were just too magical to share. As she stood on the steps watching the rosy orb sink into a darkening sky, she heard a laugh. And that was all she remembered before waking up in that awful place.

(A/N: What did I tell you? Sorry for the short chapter, hopefully you will get more tomorrow... Mwa ha ha ha)