Chapter 1: Under the Maple Tree

It had been three years since Zoeya and Rythian left Sick Bay. They were living in the new world, one of chocobos and failing raptors and Witchery. They loved each other so deeply, but marriage? Marriage was something both of them thought was impossible, unreachable because of a secret each held from the other. Until that fateful autumn day..

It had been a usual day, Zoeya working with her computer, trying to update her MushNet software. Rythian was far away in his tower of Not Evil exploding things and cursing. Teep was off taming the raptors he had "found" in the Flux Buddies' base, trying to befriend them. And Zoeya's heart was breaking. As usual. She walked calmly out of New Blackrock until she reached the small pond that was her crying spot. She flung herself down under a tall maple tree and cried. "Rythian! I love you so much it hurts, I can't marry you but I love you! More than you could ever know, but I'm just a freak! Someone who talks to mushrooms, someone who makes all the bad decisions, someone who will always be in danger!" she sobbed, choking on her own sadness. A shadow fell over her. She looked up. It was Rythian.

"Zoeya, you are beautiful, and I will love you no matter what. Whatever you have been hiding, I won't judge you or hate you. How could you even think that that would happen?"

Zoeya looked up at him, tears running in rivulets from her amber eyes down her face. She sobbingly explained, barely able to get the words out, "Rythian, I'm a B-B-Blaze-B-Born. Princess of the Blaze Kingdom, or I was, until I ran away. E-E-Everyone said I was mad, no one wanted to p-play with me. They thought that a half-human who talked to mushrooms wasn't fit to rule. M-Mushrooms were my only friends! I ran away and I miss my family so m-m-much, and- Oh, Rythian!" She grasped his waist and buried her face in his chest as he ran his hand over her fiery-red hair, not even wincing at the way her robot arm dug into his side.

His eyes glowed the icy blue they always did for her. When she was done crying, she looked up at him, studying his face as though she would never see it again. The small blonde streak that was somehow exactly in the middle of his spiky chestnut-brown hair. His purple facemask that hid his mouth, but not his voice, from her. His - Tears? Rythian was crying? Tears flowed freely from his eyes, which were now glowing a fierce diamond blue, overwhelmed with emotion.

"Zoeya, I'm the Lost Prince of the End. My mother, the Ender Dragon, Queen of the End, saw my human emotions as weakness around the time I turned sixteen. I had to give into the Darkness all Endermen have within their soul, the Darkness she created, or leave and never return. You and I are from warring Kingdoms, both of us are lost royalty. If that isn't one hell of a love story, one that, might I remind you, has seen a lot of shit in its lifetime, I don't know what is." He took her hands in his, leaned down and kissed her under the maple tree.