Chapter 13: Council Meeting

Xephos rushed down the stately oaken walked hallway, his rich maroon cloak billowing out behind him. He clutched the hilt of his diamond sword worriedly as he neared the Councilroom. Three girls missing and one who was next. He thought of Lomadia being one of the villains' victims and quickly shook it off.

The Sky Queen and he were not getting married anymore, and she could protect herself besides.

He reached the giant mahogany door to the Council Chamber. He took a deep breath and walked in.

He carefully took his seat and tried not to concentrate on the overpowering silence. He forced an important, calm tone and said quietly, "Well, hello. Welcome to the Council Meeting. Today, we'll be discussing ways to fight back against the villains who have stolen some of our beloved friends."

   "We send out scouts to search for their base and attack once we have sufficient information on what their weaknesses are," Lomadia said confidently. 

   Her grey-blue eyes shone with determination. NanoSounds was one of her dearest friends, an Xephos was certain that she had thought long and hard about this for a long time. She struck an imposing figure, with a cloak made of grey feathers and a silver helmet in the shape of an owl. Her sky-blue tunic had a collar that reached up to her neck and had the emblem of an owl stitched in gold that was just to the left of her Adam's apple. Her long blonde hair flowed from beneath her cape and her steel sword was secured to her hip. She was commander of her own army made of Sky Kingdom citizens who rode into battle on flying chariots. Xephos almost felt sorry for the kidnappers. The Sky Queen was an unfortunate enemy to make.

  "I gladly offer my nymphs up as scouts," Martyn said. 

"Well, then," Honeydew grinned. "LET'S BLOW SOME SHIT UP!"