Scroll Eight

Having someone who is literally Itachi Uchiha walking me down the aisle in a Buddhist temple for my wedding isn't one of the worst moments of my entire life, but it's definitely not going to be something that I can brag about to anyone other than Liznel. Speaking of my delusional Imōto-Sama, I can totally see her and Gaara on my way down to face Sasuke. The look in her eyes makes me angry, but that's only because I'm burning with jealousy. Her anime crush has legitimately fallen in love with her and her affection towards him as only become stronger. As for me? My manga crush is marrying me in an attempt to revive his nearly extinct clan because I'm calling myself an Uchiha.

"Amber?" Itachi elbows me in the side suddenly.

When it takes me longer than he'd like to respond, Sasuke elbows me this time and glare.

"Anbā?" the white haired pervert asks.

Oh shit, is it that time already?

"Hai chamiso," I nod and blush.

"Sasuke, kiss your bride," Jiraya winks.

The so-called ceremony is a blending between Japanese and American traditions, as suggested by Liznel. Personally, I'd have liked it if there hasn't been a wedding at all. But, there was and now Sasuke is cupping my cheeks and leaning towards me at an alarmingly slow pace.

If I die from this, please let me go to Orinposu....!

Gently, his mouth seals over mine and I'm floating off to space with a pair of black angel wings. Sasuke briefly smirks against my hunger lips before pulling away and tugging me to his side, waving at all the fictional characters and my Otaku best friend. Liznel is holding holds with Gaara and giving me a wistful look, which can only mean that she's not so happy about missing her supposed wedding to the Kazekage. As my newfound husband tows me along a cherry blossom petalled carpet, I start to feel extremely nervous. For one thing, it seems as if my kimono is too long or my yukata has been tied too tight. My body feels hot, like I've been tossed into an active Mount Fuji. Trying to fidget with my flawless attire, beautifully made by Sakura Haruno herself, I gulp and hold my breath as Sasuke leans in for yet another kiss. He's acting OOC again, but so am I right now... Part of me wants to know what he has planned, but I'm mainly afraid.

Instead of riding in a limo like the rich couples do in movies, we depart of Sasuke's hawk. I'll admit, it's kinda cool to be riding on a giant bird. It looks like I can cross that off of my bucket list. I can also remove getting married against my will to my manga crush and falling into an anime version of said manga... Yeah.... Basically, nothing about this ceremony is normal.

"Are you ready?" he asks, helping me off of the bird whose name I forget.

Ready for what?!

"I'm tired," I reply quickly.

"So, we'll look for this scroll tomorrow then?" Sasuke arches a perfect brow.

Damn you, Fangirl Horomones, for making me want to lick him....

"I suppose we can search for it quickly tonyght before we rest," I shrug, trying to appear nonchalant though I know that he can fucking hear my heart racing.

"Where shall we look first?" Sasuke's voice is low as he lazily removes his ropelike belt.

Not in your pants... That's not the scroll that I need....!

"Um... I haven't checked the Hokage's office or Ichiraku's... Oh, or, um...." my heart is beating too fast.

"Something like the scroll that you described to me wouldn't be just laying around, Anbā. It contains a powerful jutsu," he undoes his kimono styled top, letting it fall to the ground. "If it were my scroll, I'd have it safely hidden or on my person," he suggests.

I look away from him, pretending to scratch my chin in contemplation when I'm actually just trying to hide my nosebleed.

"The client that requested Liznel and I to find this scroll didn't mention who had it, so we can't really just hunt him down and steal it," I mumble.

Warm arms circle round my waist, drawing me into someone's lean chest and built stomach. I feel his chin on my shoulder, his temple resting against my cheek as he sighs. From this proximity, he can doubtlessly smell my fear.

"Well, who do we know that can use time and space jutsus?"

For some reason, I really want to scream Kabuto. I haven't read the manga, or seen the anime, in a while so I'm not totally sure about that. I'm not sure about anything other than how creepy it was that a crow came out of Naruto's mouth and how much I bawled when Neji... Yeah, I don't really remember who uses what, just the mentally and emotionally scaring bits.

"I don't know," I finally respond, gulping again.

"Hmm... Try to think," he whispers against my neck.

"I'm trying," I squeak.

Nervously, I run away from the shirtless Uchiha and scream something about having my time of the month. Truth be told, I really just want to find the mystery scroll and get home. I want to go back to being a normal Otaku with a kitty ear headband that my best friend gave to me and a horrible fondness for those strawberry watermelon tootsiepops.

Sadly, it seems like the world is out to get me and I'll never get a single thing that I even remotely want.

"Ow," I groan, rubbing my head as I stare up at the OC that remains standing after colliding with me.

Rin's sidekick, Kurai, glares and extends a hand my way. Almost shyly, I accept it and he helps me stand. If my memory about Liznel's story, "Shadow's Demon," is accurate, then he's a demon of some sort that likes to kill people. After putting him through my Mind's Eye and then just now, my throat just might be on the chopping block. However, his eyes hold no murderous intent and he's giving me an extremely tiny smile. I try to return the gesture, but then I notice that he has something tucked under his arm.

"Would it bother you if I asked what that is?" I point at the rolled up piece of parchment.

"It's just the lay-out for a new village that the kages asked me to draw for them. I don't know why they didn't get Sai to do it or something, but whatever. They paid me, so I took some of his ink and just doodled."

"Oh... Um.. What'll it be called?"

"The Village Graced by Moonlight," Kurai smirks.

Obviously, this is just another pale joke.

"Seriously," I cross my arms.

He shows me the paper, his brows arched and his smirk only growing.

Well, I'll be damned...!

"Who will live there?" I ask, already wanting to be there and be the Tsukikage.

"It'll be a cultural melting pot, actually. The kages are recruiting volunteers to colonise the area.

"Do they have the leader chosen, or will the election be held closer to the completion of the new village?"

"The kages and jōnin are debating that right now, to be honest. Would you like to come with me while I drop this off to Lady Tsunade?"

Sasuke's annoyed voice comes into earshot, so I link arms with the confused Kurai and focus on not being killed by the Uchiha that's after me.

Pop goes the weasel... Or, in my case, the kitten...