6) The Text

Chloes' P.O.V

"Chloe, baby!" Ed shouted out up the stairs to my half asleep body.

I hummed in acknowledgement as if he could hear me, but he couldn't.

"CHLOE!" Ed shouted louder.

"What!" I shouted back.

"Get your beautiful arse down here now, please."

I listened to him, and done what I was told.

"What is it, Ed?" I muttered.

"Read this." Ed sadly said, handing me my phone.

It read;

From Dad
Received at 9:48am

Hey Chloe. I heard about the news. I'm really sorry, darlin. If you haven't heard the news, your Mum died at a party last night. She died of a drug overdose. She injected a needle that had been use and died. I'm really sorry, but things like this happen, I guess. I'm glad you didn't end up like her. I'm always here if you need to talk and I need you to know that. I love you Chloe.

I put my phone down on the bench, and plopped myself on the closest chair. Ed put my arm around me, rested his head on my shoulder and he let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Chloe. I. . . I. . . I don't know what to say." Ed sighed.

I, too, let out a sigh. My hand made it's way up to Ed's head, and I started to play with his hair.

"You don't have to say anything, Ed. I'm fine actually." I replied.

"Well, then why do you look so sad?" He asked with a confused look.

"Because I'm still half asleep." I giggled.

He giggled at me, then he pinched my cheeks.

"I love you." He whispered, followed by a kiss.

He was as cute as a puppy dog. I really loved that about him. I giggled at him, then walked back upstairs into bed.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, Ed called back out to me.

"Chloe, love! Megan's here."

I slowly dragged myself out of my bed, and made my way to the stairs. As I took my first step, I missed it, and I fell down the stairs.

It made a really loud noise, and it really hurt my head. Ed and Megan had came running towards the staircase to find my laying there, with a massive lump on my head.

"Holy shit!" Ed and Megan exclaimed in unison.

I let out a grunt, then held my head. Ed picked me up bridal style, and carried me to the lounge room and sat me on the lounge, as he rushed to get some ice. Not the drug, ice, but the cold ice.