School Reunion

I took a seat in the classroom as as a teacher wearing a brown suit and white sneakers walked in "Good morning, class. Are we sitting comfortably?" I smirked at my father as he wrote on the board "So, physics. Physics, eh? Physics. Physics. Physics! Physics. Physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics. I hope one of you is getting all this down." He made a pointed look at me.

"All you've done is name the subject repeatedly," I told him

"Okay let's see what you know." I smirked at the challenge "Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?"

I raised my hand just as quickly as another boy raised his. My dad pointed at the boy and I pouted "Yes, er, what's your name?"

"Milo,"

"Milo! Off you go,"

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge,"

"Correctamundo!" I cringed

"Never say that again,"

he nodded in agreement "A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again. Question two. I coil up a thin piece of microwire and place it in a glass of water. Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this. How do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?" It was a repeat of the previous as both me and Milo's hands went up "Someone else. No? Okay, Milo, go for it,"

"Measure the current and PDs in an ammeter and a voltmeter,"

"Elementary," I yawned

I could see my father's eyes light up with a challenge "Two to Milo. Right then, Milo, tell me this. True or false. The greater the dampening of the system, the quicker it loses energy to its surroundings,"

"False,"

"What is non-codeing DNA?"

"DNA that doesn't code for protein,"

"Sixty five thousand nine hundred and eighty three times five?"

I smirked as I knew he wouldn't be able to do it in his head, but my smirk fell as his answer came out "Three hundred and twenty nine thousand nine hundred and fifteen,"

"Even I couldn't calculate that fast as a human,"

He looked over at Milo "How do you travel faster than light?"

"By opening a quantum tunnel with an FTL factor of thirty six point seven recurring," my father's jaw dropped as he looked over at me.

"For the first time in my life... Mickey was right,"

........................................................................................................................................................................................

I smiled as Rose slopped some mash onto my dad and I's tray. Once we sat down she walked over "Two days,"

"Sorry, could you just? There's a bit of gravy,"

I smirked and decided to play along as well No, no, just just there,"

She glared up at us "Two days, we've been here,"