Prompt #14

Prompt- Micah gets a girlfriend and Alexis and Jonas walk in on them making outso they sit him down for "the talk"

----------------------

​"Micah and his girlfriend have been up there for a while," Jonas said. The two of us were currently cooking dinner together.

​Micah had started dating a girl named Robin a few weeks ago. Jonas and I generally trusted Micah and Robin to be alone in Micah's room, but she was only allowed over if one of us was home.

​"I'll go tell them dinner is almost ready as an excuse to check on them," I said, wiping my hands on a towel. "I'll be right back."

​"Just remember what was on your mind when you were 16," Jonas called.

​"Finding shelter and a means of income," I called back.

​I went up the stairs and stopped outside of Micah's closed door. Alright, alright, surely he wouldn't do anything bad, and especially not when Jonas and I were home.

​I jumped as arms slipped around my waist. Jonas kissed my cheek.

​"Sorry, sorry, I'm insensitive," he said with a sigh.

​"You didn't have to follow me up the stairs. My feelings aren't hurt," I said.

​"Well, I feel bad. Let's just tell them about dinner and then get back to actually making it," Jonas said.

​I shrugged and reached out, opening Micah's door. I mentally groaned as Micah scrambled off of his girlfriend.

​They had been heavily making out on his bed. Robin blushed heavily, and Micah gave us an innocent smile.

​"Oh. Hey, guys," he said.

​"Micah," Jonas said, staring wide-eyed.

​Micah rubbed the back of his neck, his innocent smile turning into a nervous one. "That's my name!"

​Robin got up, looking horribly embarrassed. "Um...I have to get home for dinner now. I...I'm sorry!"

​"Dammit, I wish you were just using that as an excuse," Micah said with a sigh.

​"Micah!" She shot him a look.

​"What?! It's not fair that you have a legit reason to leave and I get stuck!" Micah said.

​"G-Goodbye, I'll see you later," she said, hurrying out. We listened until the front door shut.

​"Her mom texted her like 10 minutes ago telling her to head home for dinner," Micah said, falling back against his bed with his hands folded behind his head. "That's definitely cheating."

​"Sit up," Jonas said, going into his room. "We need to talk."

​"Alexis, you're being quieter than usual. Are you going to strangle me because I was kissing someone?" Micah asked.

​"That wasn't kissing. You were on top of her," I said. "Micah, I'm not a virgin. I know where that was going."

​"Well, I am a virgin. So I'm not really sure just where that was going," Micah said, sitting up.

​"Time for the talk," Jonas said with a sigh.

​"No," Micah said in horror. "Not the talk. Oh god. We already attempted this when I was 10, remember? Ike and Jer made it really awkward."

​"Well, they're not here," I said, sitting down with Jonas on Micah's bed. "Besides, Jonas is right. We should've been giving you the talk a while ago."

​Micah threw up his hands. "Easy. I know all about sex! I took health class!"

​"American health education is a nightmare," I reminded. "Some people actually think that you don't need condoms as long as you pull out."

​"Uh...I was raised in a home where we didn't really talk about sex," Jonas said, laughing nervously. "I'm not going to be good at giving the talk."

​"I had to educate myself," I said. "And now I'm going to educate Micah."

​"Please don't do that. Micah can educate himself," Micah groaned.

​"Nice try. Do you have condoms in your room?" I asked.

​"What? No!" Micah said in surprise. "Why would I?"

​"You should," I said.

​"What?" Jonas stared at me. "You're kidding, right? He's 16!"

​"I'll tell you to wait because I think it's better if you do. But that doesn't mean you're going to listen to me, and I'd rather have you being safe," I said. "We taught you about STDs and pregnancy. Now we're going to talk to you about safe sex."

​"Please don't call any of your friends to help you," Micah said. "I still can't look Jer in the eyes."

​"Just me and Jonas," I said.

​"Or we could just let it go?" Micah suggested hopefully.

​"Not a chance. Not until you're educated on safe sex," I said.

​Micah groaned and fell back against his bed again. "Alright, do your worst."

​I couldn't help but crack a little smile. Time to educate Micah and make him and Jonas uncomfortable.