Sunset

Cassandra's POV
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?! " A hand gripped on my shoulders and plopped me on my back, and Marcus glowered at me.

I opened my mouth slightly and tried to talk, but words stuck in my throat.

Marcus snatched the razor blade away from me shouted again "I saved your fucking life, Cassandra! And now you're committing suicide?! This is bullshit! Fucking bullshit!"

And those words made me cry. I cried so hard that I finally heard my voice the very first time since I witnessed the murdering.

I struggled between the bed sheets, pushing Marcus away, and ran out. I scanned around the house, and spotted a huge empty field behind the building, picked up my pace and started heading toward the woods behind the fields.

By that time, I have no idea what I was doing, I feel empty, I feel like I'm already dead due to the numbing pain on my wrists. My vision blurred and I felt dizzy, staring at the setting sun and wishing that there could be stars.

The view was gorgeous, yet it was unclear, I tripped and fell onto the grass and lost all my energy to pick myself up again. And I saw Marcus's shadow appeared.

Marcus's POV
I stood behind her body, catching my breath. I know I shouldn't be yelling at her like that, but it just really scared me.

Cutting herself? Did she really think I'm a monster? Did she really hate me that much? My heart whispered.

I watched her lying face down on the field and I kneed down next to her.

"I'm... Sorry" I said.

There was no answer, and suddenly she sobbed.

"I was about to tell you that I made dinner for you... "

Still, silence.

I lay down next to her and scooted myself closer, closer, and closer, until our legs and bodies are touched. I gentled rolled her toward the sunset and pointed at the shimmering lights of the dripping sun drops.

"There look" I whispered.

I saw her fainted a quick, tiny smile on her face, and she finally talked.

"It's beautiful... " her voice, was angelic.

We laid there, watching raining lights pouring around us with joy until the darkness of the night start spreading across the sky from the other side, and I took her back into the house for dinner.