Hands Raised

Marcus's POV

After we get dressed, we left the cabin and headed toward my parents' ruined house, Cassandra and I were holding hands, griping on each other's arm through out the whole trip.

When we were almost at the edge of the forest, we caught a glance of the pacing investigators and immediately kneeled down at the dirt and stared at each other, and our hands were still together.

And the moment we lowered ourselves behind the bushes, Cassandra's eyes were flooding up with tears.

"No, I'm not ready yet!" she whimpered.

"Shhh..... Remember the kiss? I promise you, I will return." I cupped her shivering cheeks "Trust me."

"What if they execute you?" her voice was mixed with distorted breaths. "Then the promise is gone!" She slipped her hands away from my grasps and it collapsed on her laps. "I have no family, Marcus, you're the only one I have left, don't leave me, we can hide."

I gripped on my Cassy's hand, I told her "Cassy, when I come back, I will propose to you, and you will say yes. And we will have a family, we will have kids, we will walk them to school every morning, and you will make a lot of friends." I watched her closed her eyes.

"We can't hide forever, you don't deserve this kind of life. I do, but now I have you." I hugged her and felt her face against my sour, tear-soaked heart. "Good-bye, my lover." I whispered.

"No..." she moaned in my embrace.

I slowly stood up and Cassandra wiped out her tears just to cry more. She reached up for my hand, and our fingertips touched, for the last time. I began pacing slowly through the bushes, toward my parents' ruins, the investigators noticed my strange and sudden appearance, and started running with guns pointed at me. I raised my hands, up high, fearlessly, I continued to walk toward them.

"Don't move!" One yelled, and I did what I was told. "Lie down and put your hand behind your back!" And I obeyed.

One of the officers leaped onto me and handcuffed my wrists. Another presses my head toward the grass.

I took one last glance at the bushes, and whispered my farewell.

**********

(A/N)

Hello Readers,

I know I have been absent for quiet a long time, and I am certainly sorry. I was having trouble looking for a descent job and had some issues with my life, I still do, but now it had gone a bit better. I will keep updating when I have time.

Thank you!