Lip's Promise

Marcus's POV

The next morning was cold and misty, it was the moist that woke us, everything was went and cold. I woke up alone and the ajar door was hollowing back and forth from the little breezes left.

"Cassandra?" I propped to my elbow.

No answer.

My naked body shivered, I covered myself with some blankets and stood up. The last time I called again "Cassandra?"

Still nothing.

I walked out to the milky mist, spins around to at least find a shadow. I sat down at the door, waiting for her.

A minute or so, she finally returned, naked, with a basket of berries and a bucket of water. I ran to her and threw the blanket over her shoulder as I was protecting her with a wing.

"Good morning, Cassandra"

"Good morning." she walk passed me and to the back of the cabin. I followed behind her.

I leaned against the wall, watching her as she scoop out some water and rinse it on the berries to wash off the dirt. I stepping ahead and joined her.

"You're leaving me today." she said without turning her head.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, it's my fault, for running away from my abusive father. I shouldn't have done that."

And I shouldn't have rape you.

She turned her pale body to me and handed me some berries, I ate them.

"Are you sure you're going to do this?" she stared

"Yes, Cassy, I have to, we can't run forever." I said.

"How far are you going to travel, I can come with you."

"It's not far, they're probably at my parent's house investigating, I don't need you to come with me, you've done nothing wrong."

"What are you going to tell them?"

"Everything." I said firmly.

"I'm involved, Marcus, let me come with you."

"You're the victim, if you come with me right now, they'll think you're part of the murder case." I explained. "There's a map and some money in my bag, I'll give it to you. My parents have a car in a separate garage, drive to the nearest hotel and stay there until the authorities asked you to go with them. And I'll see you in the court."

"Court? What should I say?"

"I don't care, Cassy, anything, I have to be punished, say something that will put me in jail."

"No!" she stood up, the blanket rolled down, revealing her naked body under the shimmering sunlight.

I let out a breath. I hugged her, she cried into my arms. Our naked bodies, touching in the forest. Her tears dripped to my skin, like a drop of rain.

"I have to go." I crashed my lips to hers, I closed my eyes, kissing her deeper and deeper. And when we pulled out, she stared right into my eyes.

"I love you, Marcus."

"I love you, Cassy." I touched her dark hair.

"That kiss, is a promise, that we will be together again." she said.

"I promise." I replied.

I promise.