The Addiction: Surgrey

The Addiction
Part Seven

Kurt awoke at the crack of dawn. He was resting on Blaines chest, his father was sleeping on the pullout couch. Kurt started to trace little patterns on Blaines palms. He traced 'I love you' on Blaine left palm. Blaine smiled in his sleep, almost as if he knew what Kurt had traced on his palm. Blaine slowly opened his eyes, he whispered "Good morning, beautiful" to his love.

"Good morning, handsome." Kurt kissed his cheek.

"Are you ready for the surgery?" Blaine asked him, his voice husky.

Kurt nodded, "Last morning breathing with two lungs."

"Hey, don't think of it that way." Blaine cupped Kurts cheek and kissed his forehead. "Think of it as last morning with lung cancer."

"That's one way to think of it." Kurt mumbled to himself. Blaine kissed Kurts cheek.

"You're going to be okay, I promise." Blaine held Kurt close.

"I love you, Blaine." Kurt whispered into Blaines ear.

"I love you, too, Kurt." Blaine said softly.

Burt woke up to this. He smiled softly to himself and said, "Good morning, boys."

"Morning dad." Kurt said to his father.

"Good morning, Mr. Hummel." Blaine said, a small smile on his face.

"Blaine, son, enough with that 'sir' and Mr. Hummel crap. I feel old when you say that." All three men chuckled when Burt said that. There was a small knock on the door, it was Carole and Finn.

"Good morning everyone!" Carole said happily.

"Good morning, love." Burt said to Carole.

Finn walked over to Blaine and Kurt.

"How you feeling Kurt?" Finn asked.

"Nervous as hell." Kurt said.

"Language, Kurt." Burt warned.

"Sorry." Kurt smirked. "I'm not sorry." He mouthed to Blaine and Finn. Both boys laughed at that.

They room was very light and bright, filled with smiles and jokes. Dr. Richardson and Dr. Compton knocked on the door.

"Hello." Both doctors said. They were both greeted by all the people in the room.

"Kurt," Dr. Compton started. "Are you ready for this surgery?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Kurt said.

"The anesthesiologist will be here shortly, Kurt." Blaine intertwined his and Kurts hands together, he squeezed Kurts hand. Both doctors left and Kurt breathes heavily.

"All this from a little asthma attack." Kurt chuckled.

"I, for one, am very glad you had that asthma attack." Blaine told Kurt, everyone gave him a questioning look. "If you hadn't, we wouldn't know you had stage two lung cancer."

"That's true." Finn commented.

There was a knock on the door and an anesthesiologist came into the room. "Hello everyone. My name is Dr. Black and I am your anesthesiologist." This doctor was 6'1, he had green eyes, brown hair  and was muscularity built. "The anesthesia is in shot form and will have to go through your thigh." Kurt nodded and took his right leg out of the bed, relaxing his thigh.

Dr. Black got the shot. "I need you to stay relaxed okay? This will take a few seconds longer than a regular shot." Kurt nodded and held onto Blaines hand. He whimpered a little as the needle entered his skin. Blaine shushed him softly and kissed his temple.