The Addiction: Part Ten

The Addiction
Part Ten

The brain tumor was worse than the doctors predicted. Kurt Elizabeth Hummel died that night, that same night that Finn went to Rachel's. That same night that Burt and Carole met up with an old friend. That same night that Blaine and Kurt were alone. That same night that Blaine and Kurt made love for only the second time. That same night that Blaine sang 'Hold You In My Arms' to his lover. And in the morning, Blaines world fell apart.

Blaine awoke and looked at the man he loves, he kissed Kurts cheek and noticed that he was cold. Blaine started to shake Kurts body lightly. "Baby, wake up. Sweetness. Sweetness. Kurt! Kurt!" That's when it struck Blaine. "No! No, no, no. Not now! Baby no! Kurt come back! Come back to me Kurt!"

Tears fell from Blaines eyes onto Kurts cold cheeks. "Help! Mr. Hummel, help!" A few seconds more and Burt was rushing into Kurts bedroom.

"Kurt." Burts heart broke as he looked at the scene in front of him. His son was dead, just like that. He was gone.

"Don't leave me." Blaine whispered holding on to Kurt.

The funeral was a few days later. Blaine and Burt were taking it the hardest. Blaine was dressed in a full black suit, he even gelled down his curls. Something both he and Kurt hated, but he needed to look at least decent. Tears fell from his eyes as he looked at himself in the mirror. He squeezed the eulogy he had written for Kurt, as if it was Kurts hand. Blaine drove himself to the service, it was beautiful. Kurts casket was white, pure white. Blaine couldn't look at it, he knew his lovers body was in there and he couldn't take it.
The day was bright. The sun shined, there was no clouds in the sky, the birds chipped happily, as if there was anything to be happy about.
Blaine had his pack of cigarettes with him. He looked at them.

"All because of you, the love of my life is dead." Blaine crushed the box and dropped it on the floor of his car.

Blaine got out of his car and walked to the tent where the service was. He saw Finn with a burnet girl, he figured that to be Finns girlfriend. He also saw a Hispanic girl and a blonde girl together. He figured all these faces he didn't know was Kurts friend from the Glee Club. Even the teacher was there.

The service started, Blaine tuned out the Pastor until he said Blaines name.

"Now we will hear some words from Kurts... special friend, Blaine Anderson." The Pastor hesitated. Blaine rolled his eyes at the hesitation.

Blaine walked in front of the casket and put his hand on Kurts white casket. "I wasn't just his friend, I was his boyfriend. But I guess that doesn't matter now." Blaine told the Pastor.

"Kurt Hummel was the love of my life. He was my soulmate, now he's gone. I woke up to him in my arms, already gone. Kurt wasn't supposed to go, he wasn't supposed to go out like this. This kind of thing, doesn't happen to us. It happens to somebody else! Then I remember we are, or were, somebody else to somebody else." Blaine had to wipe some tears away from his face. "I love him so much. I'm so sorry, Kurt. I'm so sorry!" Blaine started sobbing and Burt had to pull him away.

After the service was over, Blaine went straight to his car. He couldn't take it anymore, he knew he would never move on. He just knew.

A/B I am so sorry this is quite short and quite sad. On Thursday the final part will be posted. I love all of you.
~ Hannah