Chapter 5

Merlin's POV
I walked back to my chambers to find Gauis working on some sort of potion." What you working on ?" I asked as he squinted at the red liquid."Nothing of importance just some experiment I'm working on." He awnsered not taking his eyes of the potion. I shrugged and walked to my room where I sat alone with my thoughts . Should I tell Arthur about my magic ? Would he turn me in? No Merlin you idiot he cares about you. I was still fighting my thoughts as I heard a knock at the door. Without waiting for a response Arthur walked in. "Hey ... Gauis summoned me here for some reason. He said it's an experiment so I came but he's not here." I shrugged my shoulders ," I don't know he didn't tell me he was leaving... could I talk to you for a second ?" I asked Arthur nodded and sat down on my bed . I was actually going to tell him. I knew if I didn't say it now I would back out of it." Arthur , I feel it's only fair for you to know something about me that I have told very few other people." Arthur nodded taking my hand as I took a deep breath," Arthur I have magic."
Arthur's POV
My whole world stopped and it felt as if my heart slowed down almost stopping. He couldn't be sorcerers are evil Merlin is very kind and brave. Apparently Merlin could tell I was freaking out so he rubbed my back and whispered," Arthur calm down. First thing you should know I was born with it and can't change it and I only use my powers to protect you." At that I looked up at him his blue eyes rimmed with tears . Does he think I'm going to throw him in jail? I wondered and then a thought crossed my mind," If you have amazing powers and can make things happen at your will how come you choose to be a serveant when you can take over kingdoms and become a king." Merlin smiled at that question ." Because of you Arthur its my destiny to protect you and I would never change it." I smiled and put my arm around his shoulders pulling him into a hug kissing his forehead ." What did I do to deserve you?" I asked . " Nothing but being a prat, sire." He awnsered giggling. I tilted his chin up to face me and before I could make the first move he crashed his lips against mine . He slightly bit my lower lip and I moaned a little before my cheeks turning red of embarrassment . Merlin laughed and slid his hands under my shirt. His hands were like ice and I shivered a little bit when all of a sudden , Crash! I jerked up and we both went to see what's had happened . A bottle of red liquid had bursted and Gauis walked through the door." Well I guess I was right." Gauis exclaimed proudly . I raised an eyebrow ," About what?" Merlin asked before I could say anything . " You two. You see this potion has herbs in it that feed off of human emotion an intense enough one will make it heat up thus causing the bottle to explode." He said pacing the room as he explianed. "W-wait a minute h-how did you know about us ." I asked still confused. " It was obvious really but don't worry my lips are sealed and I will try my best to somehow hint to Uther that it's okay to be like you two." He said leaving his chambers in search for more herbs . Me and Merlin looked at eachother then at the shattered bottle and strayed to laugh.