Chapter 11

Merlin's POV
I felt like I was going to faint right then and there. Did Uther somehow find out I have magic? And if so who told him? I looked over at Arthur he seemed like he was choking.His eyes were misty obviously trying not to cry in front of everyone ." F-father I m-must have heard you wrong ." Arthur stammered as he shivered." No Arthur . It's been brought to my attention that Merlin here is a sorcerer ." Everyone one in the court gasped except for one person who caught my eye. Morgana! I didn't know how she found out but I did know one thing that evil smirk of hers wasn't going to be there any longer.I tried to launch myself at her ,not realizing how bad that would make me look, but the gaurds grabbed me and started to drag me off to my cell ." Father there must be a mistake, Merlin is absolutely harmless he saved my life. And may I ask who made these accusations ?" Arthur said and the gaurds stopped dragging me off."First of all Arthur if Merlin is not evil now he will be magic does that to people. Second of all Morgana told me ."
Arthur's POV
Morgana?Shoot! I should've known better not to tell her.
Flash back-
I heard a knock at my door." Arthur , can I come in?" Morgana asked sticking her head through the door way." Yes come in . What is it?" I asked as she walked in brushing her hair back." I know you were thinking about someone tonight. Don't try to deny it." Morgana said and I remembered when at dinner she asked what girl I had taken an attraction to." Morgana are we seriously going to talk about this?" I asked gesturing with my hands." Yep. Who is she?" She asked frantically like her life depended on it. I took a deep breath. I can trust her right? " First of all its not a she. And second of all its Merlin ." She looked stunned for a second before clapping and jumping up and down like a ten year old who just got asked out." I knew it !" She exclaimed still smiling and squeling. I rolled my eyes and looked at the table." Tell me about him." She said sitting down at my table. I didn't hesitate ." Well he is really funny and always knows how to cheer me up. He is so cute because he doesn't know how valuable he is. He doesn't let his magic control him and he uses it only to protect me-" Shit!
Flash back ends-
I shouldn't have let it slip out.I looked at Morgana and she was smirking at my now hollow expression . I knew that I would never forgive her for this." Father you are correct . Merlin has magic. But he uses it to protect me and only for good there is no evil in his heart." I said basically pleading for my father to not kill him . Uther didn't budge he waved his hand signaling for the gaurds to take Merlin into his cell where he would spend his last night." Father please! I love him you can't do this! I'll never forgive you if you go through with this !" I yelled meaning ever word that came out of my mouth . My voice was cracking because I was now crying with tears streaming down my face but I could care less." Arthur you will not talk to me with that tone. The law is the law and Merlin will be burned to the stake tommorow . I will not here any more pleads from you. Now leave!" I looked over at Morgana again. I needed the last word. Before I left I turned back around and faces Morgana ." And you can go and get yourself killed you bitch." I strode over to Merlin right before they took him to the dungeons and kissed him and held on to him wishing nothing could pull us apart. He kissed me back with tears spilling down his face." I love you so much ." He whispered before they dragged him away before I got the chance to say it back.