Chapter 21 - THE HARD PART

Chapter 21

THE HARD PART

(DM's POV)

"Hindi ko po alam kung makakabisita ako sa inyo hanggang Linggo bago ako umalis pero baka hindi na po. Basta, Tay, lagi ko kayong kukumustahin kapag nasa Laoag na ako. Kwentuhan niyo rin ako ng tungkol kay Aida, ha?" Among all four of us, with Sean, Blake and Willa, Willa is the most attached to M'g Homer because, aside from being the first to meet him, she has witnessed his situation and was brave enough to make a difference in his life. Tough girl, indeed. My friends and I unanimously salute her for that. She became an instant member of the group.

Everyone of us, except M'g Homer, already packed our things to return to our hotel in Puerto Princesa. Things are not working the way I planned it because I'll be taking my flight back to Manila tonight, with Sean and Blake, but with different time. Tanya called up earlier and told me that the board announced for an emergency meeting tomorrow so I changed my schedule. Again. My plan of staying until Sunday with Willa is now totally ruined. But I have to attend the meeting.

"Maraming salamat, anak. Napakabuti ng Diyos at hinayaan Niya akong makilala ang isang tulad mo," M'g Homer answered and Willa enveloped him in a tight embrace. She started crying again. It's really hard for me to see her like this on her birthday because this is not how I planned it to be but unexpected things happened and I don't have the power to change it anymore.

"Hanggang sa muli, Tatay. Mag-iingat kayo. Basta, tatawagan at ite-text ko kayo nang madalas. Promise ko."

"Happy birthday ulit, anak. O siya, sige na. Magbabiyahe pa kayo."

I already carried Willa's things and said my goodbye to M'g Homer. Sean did the same. We are still wearing our 24 t-shirts. After learning about my urgency, we started packing our things. My plan to extend another night with Willa in Narra will not materialize anymore. We're supposed to go back in Puerto tomorrow morning but now, it's not happening. Duties call and I can't say no.

"Marami pong salamat, Sir DM, Sir Sean. Pagpalain po sana kayo ng Diyos. Hindi ko po alam kung paano ko kayo mababayaran sa kabutihan niyo. Salamat po nang marami. Nasisiguro kong matutuwa ang anak ko sa magandang balitang ito. Napakabuti niyo. Nang dahil sa inyo, maipagpapatuloy na po ni Aida ang pag-aaral niya." With all heartfelt gratitude, M'g Homer expressed his feelings to what Sean and I agreed upon. Last night, after dinner, we talked to him and told him that we will be working on Aida's scholarship with one of the computer schools in Puerto Princesa and we will make sure that by opening this June, she will resume her studies. Of course, it was supposed to be a surprise for Willa but now, she accidentally knew about it.

"Talaga?! Woooowwww!" As expected of her, she's speechless and cannot express her happiness. I just held her hand to keep control of her too much excitement. She looked at me with her bright eyes and I just winked at her.

"Pero kapag nagmatigas pa 'yang anak niyo at ayaw makinig sa inyo, hindi ko na rin talaga palalampasin pang turuan siya ng leksiyon," Sean said to M'g Homer.

M'g Homer scratched his head but answered, "Kakausapin ko po siya nang maayos, Sir." Sean just nodded in return.

We already walked to the van but Blake stayed in the house for a while with M'g Homer. Before Sean can get to his seat infront, Willa tapped him and offered her fist. Sean bumped his fist to hers.

When she looked at me, I shook my head.

"Ayaw mo ng fistbump?" She asked.

I continued to shake my head.

"Ano'ng gusto mo?" She asked mischievously. Her eyes are twinkling like that of a little kid having naughty thoughts in mind.

I just stared at her with a playful smile in return. But instead of anything, she just went inside the van.