My Wand

'You are one too?!' Anne shouted.
'Of course I am! If I wasn't, I would've called the police on you!'
We both laughed.
'Do you know any Spells?' I asked her.
'I do know quite a lot of them, I think...'
'Oh, you're lucky! I'm only a starter witch. And I mean it - I don't even have a wand!'
'Well, I can teach you!' she said excitedly. 'For now, I'll teach you the Dragon Spell. It is the easiest of all the Battle Spells. But first, we need to get you a proper witch's wand. Which wood would you like?'
'Hmm...' I thought for a bit. Then I remembered the big oak tree in the park. I had loads of happy memories from there, and I go there at least three times a week. 'I think I'll go with oak,' I said.

We went to the park and found the oak tree, which wasn't hard to find after all.
'Okay, look for a kinda thick stick, that is at least the length of your elbow to your wrist. If you do, thank the tree and come back to me. I'll be at the bench,' Anne told me.

I was looking for the stick for about 10 minutes. I picked it up, thanked the tree and went over to where Anne was sitting on the bench.
'Now you have to remove the parts that are sticking out, right?' said Anne.
So I removed them.
'What now?' I asked.
'The last thing we need now is a stone.'
'A stone? Are you joking?!'
'No! It's not just a common little stone you find on the road. It's your lucky stone!' Anne corrected me.
'Then what is my lucky stone?'
'Well, since the stars tell me that your Zodiac Sign is Pisces, your lucky stone is aquamarine.'
'Ooh, cool! I love that stone!' I cried. 'But, there's only one problem - Where the hell are we supposed to get aquamarine?!'
Anne smiled.
'I know the right people,' she said.

We went to the jewellery store near the town centre. I thought that we were just going to buy the stone in there, though it was a bit stupid to buy a stone in a shop. Instead, Anne leaned over the counter and whispered something into the shopkeeper's ear. The man nodded and led us to the back of the shop and in through the door where they kept all the spare jewels. He grabbed a white necklace, pulled it, and then another door appeared!

Inside it was very dark and gloomy, and the only light source came from the two oil lamps positioned at either side of the magic door. There were lots of shelves and small tables with stones in all kinds of colours and shapes. Each shelf or table was labeled with the name of the stone it has. We came over to a table labeled with aquamarine.

'So...' Anne started, 'Do you see any aquamarine stone that would suit both you and your wand?'
'Err...' I said uncertainly, 'Maybe, this one? No no, wait... this one? Or this?'
I kept changing my mind until I found the perfect stone. It had a more greenish tone and was less blue than the other ones. It was oval in shape.
'...Anne,' I said, 'I think that I've found just the right stone for me.'