The Portal

I woke up. I was in the middle of a gigantic forest, but I still heard the faint sound of cars on the road. Anne and Beth were running towards me.
'Veronica! Why did you make us run all the way over here?!' Beth asked me harshly.
'I've told you, remember?' Anne said to her, 'She's been possessed!'
'Um... Anne, WHY am I here? I don't even remember doing anything,' I said.
'More experienced witches, and not all of them, can see or sense spirits. Some can even talk to them! I sensed one coming into our cave, and he or she kind of got control over you.' Anne explained.
'Okay, but this still does not tell us how we got here!' I said.

We looked around for a bit, and finally, Beth yelled to come see what she found. It was an oak tree.
'Really?' I asked.
'What? Oh, wait.'
She tapped on the bark three times, and it revealed a white portal inside.
'... Should we go in?' Beth asked.
'I guess so... I'll... go first...' I said.

On the other side of the portal
We emerged out of the same oak tree onto hazy, purple ground. It was like the exact same forest, but instead of green there was purple and instead of brown there was white! We were all just speechless! There was a figure standing in the distance, so we decided to go a bit closer to see who it was.

The figure was a girl. The one I saw in my vision, although she was all white-and-cream-coloured. She also hovered in the air.
Then Anne stepped in. 'Are you the one that made Veronica and us come here?'
'Yes, of course.' she said gently, 'You are all the chosen ones. You shall help me ease the Battle of Spirits by going into the different clans to learn about them, so that you can then tell the others.'
For one particular reason, I did not find this weird or disturbing at all. I just got on with it. Anne and Beth seem like they feel the same way as me.
'My name is Peace. I will teleport you to the clans.'