The First Lesson

When Anne and I came back to our cave the next day, Anne led me in through a door on the left side of the entrance. We went in. We were in a huge room, where there was loads of light, not like the circular room behind us. There were puppets everywhere you looked.

'This,' Anne said proudly, 'Is our Training Room. I'm going to teach you all the Spells I know, both Battle and Defence.' She pulled her wand out from her pocket. 'Like I said before, I'm going to teach you the Dragon Spell first. Do you have your wand with you?' I showed her my wand. 'Good. Now, let's begin!' she shouted.

'All right. Have your mind focused. Think about yourself. I know, I know! But it's important that you do. Stand straight, and sideways. Imagine that this puppet is your worst enemy, your biggest foe! Now you have to say Battlad Dragonad and point your wand quickly at your enemy.'
'Okay, I'll try...' I said.

I stood sideways, and straight. Then I pointed my wand at the puppet as fast as I could and shouted Battlad Dragonad and shot the Spell at it! My dragon was bright red and it shot normal water at the puppet. Anne's was WAY bigger than mine, it was bright pink and it shot freezing cold water.
'Wow! You are really good! When I first tried doing the Battlad Dragonad, I was HORRIBLE! But then I got the hang of it and mastered it.' said Anne, while waving her wand as to make an invisible infinity sign. 'You know, this is really weird, but...' She held me in suspense. Why would she do that?! I stared at her, beckoning her to go on. Anne smiled.
'Well, first of all, all Spells have two words you need to say, but every third witch can say them in their head! Second of all, the first word in every Spell has something to do with battle or defence, depending on it's type of Spell. The second word in each Battle Spell is an animal or insect, and anything else if it's a Defence Spell. Last of all, both words in every Spell have the same two last letters. Any questions?' she asked when she finished.
'Nope! I'm perfectly fine with what you said!' I squealed.

We spent about an hour practising the Battlad Dragonad and my dragon got bigger by every shot (though Anne's was always bigger!). At the end, Anne said that I was ready for my first Defence Spell. I was so excited!
'I will show you your first Defence Spell, Defencep Shieldep. But you will only learn it at our next lesson, okay?'
Anne closed her eyes and had her wand circling above her head like a lasso, and she said Defencep Shieldep while doing it. Nothing happened.
'Anne, are you sure it works?' I asked her. But when I got closer to her, I just couldn't get near her! Some kind of force encircled her like a huge bubble! 'WOW! Is this it? The Spell?' She nodded. 'How do you even get rid of it?' I curiously asked.
'To get rid of a Spell, you just say it backwards. Watch. Pecnefed Pedleihs!' Anne cried out, and did the lasso thing again. 'Now.'
I came closer. The force bubble wasn't there anymore.

Her phone buzzed, and I saw on her messages that her mum wanted her to get back home this instant.
'Oh, do you HAVE to go?' I did the puppy eyes to her, and she grinned and wrote back to her mum: 'Mum... u know the way u love me?' She wrote back: '...Anne, what do you want?' Then Anne wrote back: 'cud i go to Veronica's 4 the night? pweety pwease?'
I just could not resist not laughing! I doubled-over from laughter, and after a moment I was rolling on the floor.
After a few seconds, Anne's mum wrote: 'Oh, Anne! Alright. But you still have to get back here to get your things. Do you know if Veronica's parents are ok with you coming over?' Anne wrote: 'V's parents never mind me over there!'

'Can I go with you?' I asked again. But then MY phone buzzed - looks like I can't. 'Nevermind, I've got to go too.'