The Secret

At the weekend, Anne and I went to the beach. Anne also asked Michael to come, but it was his little cousin's first birthday so he couldn't come with us. The beach was very rocky. I love climbing and so does Anne. We spent most of our time there looking for cool caves to make a hideout in, but Anne kept looking worriedly at one place up high, where there were trees all around.
'What's got you so spooked?' I asked.
'Oh- erm... Nothing,' she said quickly.
She was visibly lying.
'Anne... I know there's something wrong. Tell me! I'm your BFF!'
She looked at me disapprovingly.
'No, I'm not sure if I can,' she told me.
I was quite hurt, you know. She doesn't trust me!

When it was time for us to go, Anne said that she has to do something and went up to the place that she avoided so much. I decided to follow her. But when we made our way in there, I just stood with my mouth open.

It was a cave. Not just a normal cave, though. There were iron doors at the mouth of the cave. Beside the doors was a hand-scanner. Anne went towards it and scanned her hand. It beeped and opened the iron doors. She went inside. The doors closed. Then I went in and scanned my hand too. Surprisingly, they opened! The inside was filled with colourful rugs and lanterns. There was a table in the middle of the circular room, and around it was a fluffy red armchair and a pink beanbag. On the table was a big, brown leather book. Anne walked up to it and opened it. Then she took a stick with a pearl on top out of a drawer. She read a few lines of the book and muttered something under her breath. Then a small, light pink dragon burst out of the tip of the pearl and shot cold water at the puppet in the corner. I couldn't believe my eyes. Anne was also a witch!

'Anne!' I shouted. She jumped.
'How- how did you even get in here?!'
I didn't pay attention to the question. I stared at Anne with my mouth open.
'I... I am a witch too!' I exclaimed.
'You WHAT?!' she asked. I didn't response, so she could get over it and cool down. 'Wow!' she said.