Telling My Mom Off

After the meeting with HTT, our parents visit just went downhill. Harper was miserable, the twins cried whenever my parents entered the room, Amy was always crying, Jake was always pissed off, Stampy was nervous and I just felt horrible. Finally, I blew up. It was a rainy day, everyone was miserable, more wedding gifts had arrived, and I was on the end of my rope. That's when my mom decided it was the perfect time to come in and give me some 'tude. I was feeding Ben, feeling like crap because of a goddamn cold I had when she walked in. Ben was bit of a mess, because he kept spilling the food from his spoon. I was trying to take an Ibuprofen. Then Mom walked in and saw Ben.

"Oh honestly Willow, can't you do anything right? I taught Jake how to eat correctly by the time he was out of breast feeding and Ben is almost a year old and can't even hold a spoon correctly!" I sighed.

"It's fine Mom. It's completely normal for a toddler to be a little messy." I said. She made a disgusted sound.

"A little messy?" she asked. "His face is about as messy as this family." I flipped around at that, slamming the cabinet. "Honestly Willow, do you have to slam the-" I stopped her right there.

"What did you say, Mother?" I asked, pissed off.

"I said that your son's face is about as messy as your family." She said, taking the spoon away from Ben. I came over and slapped it out of her hand. "Willow! What is the matter with you?"

"Nothing is the matter with me, nor my family mother. The family that I am excluding you from." She looked at me in surprise.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked. I walked over to the end table and picked a picture. The  picture that was taken at Harper's Baby Shower. The one of all of us. I showed it to her.

"This picture was taken at Harper's Baby Shower. Can you read what it says? It says friends are family! and These are all of my friends. Amy, Salem, Fin Ball, Squid, Tom, Lily, Stampy, Netty, Jake, all of them. And they hate you! You ruined my best friends wedding! And the minute you leave, we are fixing it the way we had it! With our fan's music, our pink dresses, and our goddamn Lovely Jubbley Love Love Petals! Now get out of my house and go back to Detroit! Because I am done!" My mother looked offended. this was the first time I had ever stood up to her.

"Alright then. I'll be on my way." then she picked up her purse, and left. The Wicked Witch was gone.