I Forgive You

It was finally time to walk down the aisle! First of course went Stampy, as the Best Man. He looked so handsome in his suit and bowtie. I could see from where I was sitting that my father was clearly uncomfortable as he adjusted his tie. Everyone else was wearing a bowtie. Then I watched as Jake went down the aisle. I had to wipe away tears. I was the younger sister, but I was so happy to see my brother getting married to the right girl. I remembered when he used to date Melanie Candy, that bitch. She'd tried to take Stampy away from me, broke Jake's heart, and was just a horrible person all around. It made me very happy to see him marry a good woman with a lot of heart. And someone who was my best friend. Then it was time for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. There was Netty and Tom, Squid and Mya, Finball and Lily, Jade and Lee, Wonderwall and Ashlee, and Harper and Squaishy. Harper looked so short compared to Squaishy, but it was so cute that no one said anything. Then it was mine and Salems turn to walk down the aisle. We walked down in our pale pink dresses that were silky and smooth. The flower girls came next in an order, Babyball, Holly and Bella, Cocoball and Rachel, and of course Mousie and Rosie. They mostly made sure that Bella, who could barely walk at her age, didn't fall down. They were all being led by a dawdling Ben, who kept running from side to side, showing everyone the ring. Finally, Rosie and Mousie ran up to him, took him by his arms, and pulled him up to the front, where they gave Stampy, who was dying with laughter like everyone else, the ring. Then it was finally time for the main event. Amy Lee33. She walked down the aisle in her beautiful dress, her arm linked with her father's. She looked like she was about to cry tears of joy. Her father led her next to Jake and she spun around in joy. I felt a little jealous that I hadn't had such a fun wedding. Mine was pretty fun, this one had my kids. The minister smiled and began to read.

"We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony.

Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you.

Jakob, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?" I watched as Jake's face turned as red as the Lovely Jubblies scattered around the church.

"I do." he said. The minister turned to Amy.

"Sarah, do you take this man to be your wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?" I looked at Amy's smiling face.

"I do with every Lovely Jubbley Love Love Petal that I have ever picked." She said. The minister rolled his eyes, but was smiling.

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." He said. Jake lifted Amy up bridal style, makes sense, and kissed her. The whole church cheered and I kissed Stampy. At the reception, we all danced and everyone was happy. I laughed as I watched Stampy take Bella onto the dance floor and held her hands as he danced around with her. She laughed her head off. I picked up Ben and took Harper's hand and danced around with them. Harper was reluctant, but I could tell that he was having fun. Ben giggled the entire time. Then I saw something that made my heart melt a little. My mother and father, sitting alone, looking very awkward and very, was that, sad? In all my years of being their kid, I'd never seen them sad. I set Ben down with Squaishy and left Harper with them. Then I went to my parents. My mother looked at me.

"Willow, I want to say that I am sorry." She said quietly. What!? My MOTHER was apologizing to me!?

"For what?" I asked suspiciously. She could be turning this into all about her.

"For everything I said to you." She told me. "About your family. I was wrong. At first, when I imagined the wedding, I saw a disaster. And what you said to me that day, well it made me almost not want to come to the wedding. But I did anyway. I wanted to see you happy. You never seemed to be happy when you were around me. But today, when I saw you and Jake and your friends, I realized that I was not the best mother ever. And I'm very sorry for that." I thought this over. My mother was a strict woman. When I was a kid, I had no TV, I wore a brown cotton dress everyday, adding a white apron when I came home to do chores. I had to say please and thank you, no talking back, and if I did anything wrong, I was punished. But my mother was just trying to do her job and be a good mom. I knelt down and took my mother's hands.

"I forgive you." I said. and I meant it.