Part 28

Bonnie bolted up with a gasp and was met by the family's concerned faces. "What the hell happened Bonnie! If I could have a heart attack I would have" Kol yelled pulling her into a hug. "It was Care, she wanted to talk to she pulled me into her head"

"You've been unconscious for hours!" It had only felt like minutes to her. Taking a deep breath she asked everyone to sit while she told them about she and Caroline's talk and as expected Klaus blew up. "She wants to leave us!"

"No Klaus... She doesn't want to she HAS to. In order to figure out how to break the curse she needs to wake up but if she does and she's here she's afraid that she'll hurt the twins and we won't be able to stop her" Bonnie said calmly watching his face fall. Bonnie then dove into the plan and everyone volunteered to go with her and again there was interruption when her chosen few were named. "What the hell is she thinking Bon?!" Stefan asked clearly upset to be staying behind as was Kat and Bekah. "It's nothing personal guys it's strategic. Klaus she isn't allowing you to go because she said she refused to take both Henrik and Hope's parents away. Stefan you are watching Klaus; she says she can feel you wallowing and knows Stefan won't let you lose control. Kat and Rebekah are helping with the twins and Augustine will move in until she returns to help protect them along with Kol since I won't be. She needs me and Agnes to for obvious reasons; I'm a Bennett witch and Agnes knows dark magic" Bonnie concluded. "Why Elijah though?" Kol asked and everyone sat silently waiting on an answer. "She chose Elijah because he will protect the twins at all cost, even from her. He won't hesitate to take action" and he nodded in agreement. They discussed different places to go then left to pack leaving Klaus and the twins to say goodbye since they now knew she could hear them. "I know why you are doing this love, I don't like it but I understand. Come back to us Caroline" Klaus whispered to her gently kissing her lips. He smiled looking at Henrik and Hope perfectly content at her side, staring intently at her face before he felt a strong pull. "Hey Klaus" he opened his eyes and found himself standing in front of Caroline who was holding the twins and he rushed over wrapping his arms around the three of them. "I understand you getting inside my head but theirs?"

"They're babies" she smiled kissing them all over their faces, telling them how much she loved them before releasing them not wanting to keep them away from their bodies too long. Klaus wrapped her in his arms pressing his lips firmly to hers "I'll miss you, hurry home okay"

"Klaus you have two children to raise so focus on that and nothing but that. I know you're hurting but I will be back so in the meantime pull yourself together; no matter what you feel Niklaus promise me you'll be there for them"

"I promise love, I won't let you down"

Klaus woke and found Henrik and Hope at his side sleeping peacefully and the house was silent so he grabbed a sketch pad drawing the scene before him to take his mind off of the fact that the love of his immortal life would be leaving him.