Prom [BTS V]

"Yah! Don't be ridiculous, you can't wear that."

"How about this one?" You draped a short pastel pink dress over your body, showing it to your best friend, Taehyung.

Prom is coming in about a week's time and the both of you were out shopping for clothes together in preparation for it.

"Are you kidding me? That is way too short for you to meet people in." He grabbed the dress from your hands, hanging it back onto the clothes rack. You deliberately picked out the most revealing outfit in the shop and showed it to him. "This looks good, right?" You smirked, anticipating his reaction.

He gave you a look of utter disgust. "NO, THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO WEAR THAT." He quickly snatched the clothes away from you. "Oh my—this is so expensive and it can't even cover half your body!"

You laughed at his cuteness, ruffling his hair with your fingers. "I was just joking, hahahah you're so cute." You continued looking for a suitable prom dress. "But why won't you let me wear any of the previous dresses? Many other girls are probably gonna wear something like that too."

"Because I don't want other guys to be staring at what's mine..." He muttered in his deep voice, making it almost inaudible to you.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Nothing." He pretended to look at some of the accessories. "So who are you going to prom with?"

"Well, no one asked so I guess I'll just be going with the girls since you'd probably want to get someone to go with you."

"Mhm." He smiled at your reply and started searching through the racks of dresses. You thought it was weird how he was browsing through female clothes instead of looking for his own outfit, but you didn't question it since he's always weird like that.

"Hey." A voice called you from behind after a few moments. You turned around to find a beautiful sapphire blue cocktail dress being held out to you by Taehyung, who was attempting to hide behind the dress.

"Wow this is so pretty, I'm definitely getting this!" You took the dress, placing it over yourself in front of the mirror to try it out. "Thanks Tae."

"Glad you like it, because I'm buying it for you."

Wait, what?

"Huh? Why?"

"It's my gift...for uh..you know, I uh...aish." He blushed, looking down shyly.

"What, Taehyung-ah, just say it out."

"I-I want you to go to prom with me...please?" He gazed at you with his cute puppy eyes.

*Explodes internally*

"Aww, of course I'll go with you." You hugged him tightly.

ASDFGHJKL I LOVE YOU KIM TAEHYUNG~ You mentally screamed excitedly, not noticing that he's been staring down at you, smiling warmly the entire time.

He abruptly kissed you on your forehead. "But instead of just being my prom date, will you be my girlfriend?"