Chapter 3

I couldn't sleep that night. I wanted Cristiano, and I wanted Alex. I don't know who to choose. I can't choose. It's impossible. I slept on the couch, Alex in her bed. I could hear her sobs.

I got up, walked over to her room. I was in a big tshirt and some short shorts.

"Alex?" I whisper. The sobs stop. I walk in.

I sit on the bed next to her.

"Alex" I say. "I know you're awake" I laugh a little and pull the covers over me as I roll in bed with her.

"Tobin?" Alex has hiccups because of her sobbing.

"Yeah?"

"Stay here with me" she snuggles up to me, and I kiss her forehead.

"You couldn't make me leave baby horse" I whisper, and I let her sleep. I just lay there, enjoying her warmth and staring at the ceiling.

What's wrong with me? Alex is my best friend. Cristiano is some smoking hot soccer player, model, and he makes millions each year.

So I should be able to choose Cristiano without any second thought. But Alex needs me. But I can set her up with Sergio or something. Maybe someone when we get to Spain.

Then something flashed in my mind.

"Gareth Bale" I whispered. Alex shifted, her arm fell on my waist. Butterflies again. I licked my lips.

Gareth Bale just broke up with his long time girlfriend. If things don't work out with Alex and Sergio, I'll ask if Cristiano could bring Gareth over.

That was my plan. She could love me for now, but if Cristiano and I end up together, I will find her a man.