Chapter 5

I got ready for my date, wearing a nice skirt and nice shirt. Cristiano was wearing a nice shirt and pants. He had his earring in. He could definitely rock earrings.

"You look beautiful" he says, before taking my hand. A shiver goes down my spine.

"Thank you" I blush.

We get into his car and go to the restaurant.

We talked for a while, got our food, then talked some more.

"I can't believe I haven't met your son yet" I say.

"You should come over to my apartment some time. My son is here with me. We sadly have to go back to Spain in a week" He says.

"Really? That's when I go to Spain for our World Cup!" I say excitedly. Cristiano grins.

"Amazing! So I don't have to stop seeing you" he stares at me.

"Tobin?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks. My heart stops, my breath shortens, and my stomach drops.

"Yes" I say. Cristiano grins.

Then we continue our conversation like nothing happened.

I checked the time. It was 10:34pm. Cristiano noticed the time as well.

"I better get going to my son" He says reluctantly.

"I should probably get back too. I have training tomorrow" I say.

We walk hand in hand to the car, and he opens the door for me.

We begin to drive to my apartment.

"I had a good time tonight" I say.

"I'm glad. I really like you" he says.

He walks me all the way up.

"Goodnight Tobin" He says.

"Goodnight Cristiano" I smile.

I freeze after closing the door. Someone is here.

I slowly walk to Alex's room. There's the noise. My heart is in my throat. I open the door, and slam the lights on. It's only Alex getting in bed. I heave a sigh.

"God you scared me" I say.

Alex giggles and pats the spot next to her.

"Are you drunk Alex?" I ask.

"No way! Tobin, I'm not drunk. Don't worry. I'm just really happy" She says.

"Okay" I say.

"So come here" Alex says, once again patting the spot next to her.

"Hang on. I've gotta change" I say.

I change into what I wore last night, then jump in next to her after turning the lights off.

"So how was your date with Sergio?" I ask.

"It went well. Sergio and I are a couple now" Alex says, and I could feel her getting closer.

"Cristiano and I are a couple too" I say. Alex puts her hand on my waist, bringing me closer.

"I can't believe we're doing this. Even when we have boyfriends" Alex laughed. I sighed.

"That doesn't matter. Not when I'm with you" I kissed her, savoring the moment. I would have to leave her. To save her. I would leave her.

But not now. All that mattered now was us.

I stroked her hair. I pulled away, and smiled.

"Alex. Did you ever think about continuing with Servando?" I ask.

"What?" She says.

"You heard me. I asked if you ever dreamt of continuing with Servando. You know, like marriage and all that" I ask.

"Well, I did. For a while. But now, I don't really have a choice whether or not I want to continue with him. He already has another girlfriend" Alex sighs.

I didn't push the subject. I just held onto her and fell asleep. I wish I hadn't.

I ran down the alleyway, someone chasing me. I didn't know who. I didn't know why. I ran and ran. Then I fell. The person was on top of me now. Beating me. Then they stopped. I figured I died. Then I saw Alex. She shook her head at me. "Tobin. You liar. How could you do this to me" Alex said so quietly it hurt. Then she yelled the same thing. Alex began to cry. "I hate you" she spat at me. I staggered backward, only hitting a wall. Alex screamed "I hate you! I hate you!" Over and over again. I dropped to the ground, sobbing. "Alex I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" although I didn't know what I was apologizing for.

Alex shook me awake.

I looked up.

"Tobin" Alex looked in pain.

I cried some more. I couldn't help it. It was all so real. It was my fault. Whatever happened it was my fault.

All Alex did was hold onto me, and I cried. I felt ashamed to be crying, but I did it anyway.

Alex kissed my forehead, and whispered. "I love you" I stopped crying, then I fell asleep again, to be attacked by the nightmare of Alex dying that I had a long time ago.