Chapter 10

So we won our first games of the tournament. The first game was against Columbia then the next against Germany. We were doing pretty well.

I got back to the hotel at 8:45pm, and Alex was sitting there, crying.

"Alex what's wrong?" I ask, dropping to her side. "What did Sergio do?" She just got back from her weekend with Sergio. Their relationship escalated pretty quickly.

She just shook her head. I grabbed her shoulders, making her face me.

"Alex, if you don't tell me what's wrong I swear I will do something we both will regret" I said. I'm not sure what I would do, but it will probably be something stupid. That got her attention.

"Tobin" she took a deep breath. "I am pregnant with Sergio's baby" She sighed, then began to cry again.

"Oh Alex" I almost cried, and I hugged her. We hugged for a while.

"Tobin I am such a slut" she cried.

"Alex don't say that. You're not. It's okay" I say, wiping a tear from her face.

"What am I supposed to do? I don't want to give up soccer" she buried her face in her hands.

"Lex, we can get through this. Just tell him. He will understand. I mean, he can't hate you for it" I say. She nods. "I will help you in every way I am capable of" I say.

"Tobin, thank you" she buried her face in my neck, and I hugged her back.

I can't believe it. Alex? A mother? That's not something that happens yet. Later, maybe. But not now. She's so young now.

We went to bed early, and I held her in my arms. Why her? Why now?

But I look at this in a good way. Now, Sergio will marry her, and they will live happily ever after. That is what will happen. She won't be accused of being gay. It won't ruin anything. I'll still have my best friend.