Chapter 8

"Finally" Alex grinned. "Spain!" She said, as we walked out of the airport and into the bright and hot city.

We got onto the team bus and drove to the hotel. Once I picked up the wifi and set up something that will make my phone work anywhere here, I got a text from Cristiano.

C:have you made it to Spain?
T:yeah. It's pretty cool here
C:how was your flight?
T:pretty good. I didn't get much sleep tho
C:the time change is always difficult
T:yeah
C:do you want to come over? You can meet my son
T:I'd love to
C: *gives address*
T:thanks. I'll be over in a bit
C:see you then!

I tell Alex about the invite.

"Have fun Tobs. But not too much fun" Alex smiled at me. I grinned back and got a taxi to the address.

It was a giant mansion. I gasped.

I knocked on the door.

"Hi" Cristiano says. "Welcome to Spain" He gives me a hug and takes me inside.

"Cris!" Cristiano calls. A little boy with dark hair and a different complexion came running in, stopping short when he sees me.

Then Cristiano says something in Portuguese to Cristiano Jr. His son waves at me. I wave back.

"He's a little shy. He doesn't know many Americans and doesn't know any english except for hi and bye" Cristiano says, putting his arm around me. I lean into him.

"Let me give you a tour of my place" He says and takes me around his ginormous mansion.

We go outside, where he has a giant yard with a pool and hot tub.

"Cristiano, you have a beautiful home" I say.

"Thank you" He smiles at me.

We sit at his table and talk about our lives and our plans for the future.

"I would love for you to stay with me" he says.

"What?" I couldn't breathe. Things were escalating quickly.

"Yes. I would like for you to stay in Spain with me" He says, hopeful.

"I don't know Cristiano. It's so soon" I say.

"Well please" He says, taking my hands. "Think about it" he kisses my cheek. I bite my lip. Cristiano offers to take me back to the hotel, and I let him.

"Today was nice Cristiano. Your son is pretty cute" I say. He thanks me, then says that he has a game tomorrow, and that I should attend it with my teammates. If we can make it, he offered to pay for on field seats.

Inside my room, Alex is waiting, watching TV with Christen and Julie.

"Hey Tobs. How was your date?" Alex asks when I walk in.

"It was nice. Cristiano gave me a tour of his house" I say, taking my shoes off and sitting on the bed next to Alex.

"Is that the only thing he gave you a tour of?" Christen asked, a wide grin showed on her face.

"Shut up Press" I laughed. "No he didn't give me any more tours"

"Ah so you let yourself in?" Julie chimed in.

Everyone laughed and I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"No" I laughed it off.

We watched Grey's Anatomy for a while, then Christen yawned. I checked the time. It was only 4:00pm here. The time change really messed me up.

"Cristiano invited our team to his game tomorrow. You gals up for it?" I asked.

"Sure" Julie and Christen said in unison.