10

"We should head back." Estel said. "Legolas, you need to face your ada. Don't let a dead disgusting elf get in the way any longer.

While holding on to Estel, Legolas responded. "As long as you're with me."

"Of course, meleth nin." Estel responded, immediately questioning how his words would be taken.

"If I am yours, then you are mine. Thank you, meleth nin." Legolas responded kissing Estel's lips once more before the journey back to the palace.
-------------
When Elrond and Thranduil had explained everything that they could to Elladan and Elrohir, they discovered they were all a lot more confused than they were when they started.

"Arwen wouldn't threaten somebody without having a damn good reason." Elrohir said after a long silence.

"We also thought the same, iôn" Elrond replied.

after about an hour of crazy theories and the group having all but given up, there was a knock at the door.

"You may enter." Thranduil called out.

"We probably should have knocked, huh?" Elladan quipped half joking.

"Shut it" Elrohir said before punching his brother in the arm.

"Lumorniel, what is the matter?" Thranduil asked walking to the elf maiden who had opened the door.

She was shaking and crying and her kitchen apron was covered in blood. "Minasson" she finally stuttered out. "He's dead, my king." Everyone's eyes went round.

"What happened, my dear?" Thranduil asked her, leading her to a chair. "Did he hurt you?"

"No, no. I am fine. Lainor questioned him and then cut off his head. He very well deserved it, though I wish he would have suffered more." Lumorniel said, shocking everyone in the room.

"What did Lainor question him about? What did he say?" Thranduil asked in a rushed tone. *Lainor killed him?*

She looked at the twins and at Elrond and then back at Thranduil.

Elrond realized that maybe she wanted to speak only to the king. "Iôns, come. We will leave you to talk, mellon nin."

"But, ada! we want to kno-" Elladan started to whine before Elrohir gave him a swift jab to the ribs. "Ow!"

"Elrond, the twins may go, but I have a feeling I will need you mellon." Thranduil spoke, seeing the relief on Lumorniel's face.

Once Elladan and Elrohir had left the room, Thranduil spoke to Lumorniel. "Continue, my dear. What happened?"

"Legolas, my king. Lainor went straight to Minasson's cell and questioned him about Legolas." She choked out trying to talk through the tears.

"Iôn nin? My Legolas? What about him?" Thranduil asked.

"Minasson confessed. He abused and hurt Legolas as an elfling and none of us knew. How could I not know? I should have killed him myself before he ever left the kingdom." Lumorniel was angry at herself.

Thranduil fell to his knees. "No, Lumorniel. I should have known, not you. " Elrond was at his side in an instant. "No wonder he hates being around people. I abandoned him. Minasson, that dirty pathetic evil...How could I not have known?"

"Mellon nin, your iôn is not lost to you. He is probably ashamed and scared. He is still young and all he needs to know is that you love him. Legolas is not gone, there is still time." Elrond told Thranduil

When Elrond's comfort had finally sunk in and the sun was starting to rise, Thranduil stood. "Lumorniel, you have cared for Legolas as your own and I know that this hurts you as if he was. You will no longer serve others here, but will live in the palace as kin." He pulled her up by her hands and hugged her.