13

Legolas smiled at Estel, placing his hand on top of his. "I know. I want to go. I want to see your home and see new places. I will tell ada tomorrow, but I will definitely travel to Imladris with you."

Estel pulled Legolas to him. "Thranduil will understand. He probably already knows."

Legolas tried to hide a yawn, but Estel caught it. "Lets to go sleep, meleth nin." he said as he pulled him to the bed.

Legolas curled up in Estel's side and let him hum him to sleep.
-----------
Early the next morning, a few hours before the sun would rise, Legolas left his room to talk to Thranduil. He hadn't been able to get much sleep knowing that he had to tell his ada that he was leaving with Estel. He crept down the hall to the king's chambers and gently knocked. When he didn't get a response, he opened the door and quietly walked in. He wasn't in bed and there didn't seem to be any light coming from the bathroom, so Legolas walked through his study to check the balcony. There he saw something he had never seen. He saw his ada completely relaxed.

Thranduil and Elrond were both laying on their backs on the balcony with their feet propped up against the railing staring up at the stars. Thranduil's hair was fanned out above his head and he was laughing at something Elrond had said. Legolas laughed, startling both of the elves.

"Don't you dare get up because of me." Legolas said, walking on to the balcony. "May I join you?" He asked as he laid between the two older elves, propping his feet up on the balcony railing.

"I'm embarrassed that you caught a king and a lord in such a compromising position." Elrond laughed.

"Nonsense." Legolas replied. "Estel and I stare at the stars often. There is something so peaceful about the night sky."

"Indeed." Thranduil replied, grabbing Legolas' hand.

"Though, I have to say, the soft earth by the river is much more comfortable than the stone of your balcony." Legolas chuckled.

"Lainor told me that he caught you two by the river." Thranduil teased him. "He said that you two looked QUITE comfortable." causing Legolas' face to turn bright red.

"Oh, leave him alone." Elrond scolded. "I have some stories that would make you blush twice as red as Legolas."

Thranduil laughed. "I didn't mean to embarrass you." He pulled Legolas' hand back to his. "I was only teasing. I did however hear that Estel was singing you a beautiful song. I've caught Lainor singing it many times."

Elrond smiled. "I love that Estel still sings. Arwen sang to him a lot when he first came to us."

"I love it too." Legolas replied.

"You know, your ada and I used to stare at the stars and talk about all that we would do in our lives." Elrond spoke. "We would talk about upcoming battles and love and travel. More than anything your ada would talk about having a family." He looked over at the younger elf and gave him a warm smile. "I think he's done quite well for himself."

Legolas felt even worse for wanting to leave, now. Thranduil, sensing the tenseness in his iôn, squeezed his hand. "Legolas, I know that you need to travel back with Elrond and his family. Do not worry about me. I left home and traveled all of middle earth before I finally returned home. I am just grateful that you have found such a great companion to go with."

"Estel told me you would know." Legolas laughed. "Lord Elrond, is there anything your son doesn't know?"

"Ahem." All three elves on the balcony froze, looking quite guilty. "Well, one thing I don't know is why I wasn't invited to join you all on such a beautiful morning." Estel teased.