Beautiful Tragedy

Prologue

"You be careful, alright?" Elisa smiled and kissed her husband quickly. Brad smiled and nodded. He bent to pick up his two year old niece who was staying with them for a while to keep Elisa company while her husband attended a business trip in France.

"You be good for Elisa." Brad said and the little girl smiled before growing a huge frown.

"Don't go. Something bad will happen." She told him and he just smiled to reassure her.

"Elisa and you will be alright, don't worry." He put her down and kissed her cheek before kissing Elisa again and heading off towards the taxi outside.

~

"I can't believe we're actually going." Joe squealed excitedly. He and his best friend were going to Bordeaux, France. When they were in high school, they missed their senior trip there and decided now was the time to go.

"I know! I'm so excited. Everyone said it was awesome. Except now we can do what they couldn't when they were there." Phoenix smirked.

"What?"

"Drink wine!" He chuckled and the two high-fived and went back to packing.

~

"Mike! Come on! We'll miss our flight!"

"Coming!"

Mike rushed down the stairs with the suitcase. He came up to his new husband's side and kissed his cheek and smiled. They were about to be on their way to their honeymoon. They were taking a trip to Paris, France and Mike had dozens of ideas on how to make the trip all the more romantic for Chester.

"It's going to be beautiful." Chester beamed, excited most of all to see the famous and beloved Eiffel Tower. It was his dream since he met Mike to kiss him on top of the gorgeous structure.

"Any place is beautiful as long as you're there." Mike kissed him softly and Chester blushed madly before grinning broadly.

"True. Too true." He said seriously before laughing. "I'm kidding."

"You better not be joking." Mike shook his head but Chester rolled his eyes and they kissed once again. "I love your kisses."

"I love your hugs."

"Well I love you."

"Well I love you too so now what?" Chester hummed and Mike grinned devilishly.

"Quickie?"

"No, Mike." Chester giggled and grabbed his bag before walking out the door.

~

Rob silently boarded the plane. He watched out the window for a moment, admiring the wide wings of the graceful plane. He turned his attention to the front of the plane as other passengers began boarding. He loved being on first so he could see everyone and none would pay any attention to him.

A couple caught his attention. Two men who were obviously in puppy love. They constantly bickered playfully and flirted even though the wedding rings on their fingers proved they no longer needed to. Rob thought it was sweet they were still trying to impress each other, he hoped they would never stop doing that and remain with one another for as long as they live.

A man in a suit joined the passengers and the first thing Rob thought about was the man's family. He wore a wedding ring yet was with no wife. Rob had seen it so many times before. He had lied about being on a business trip and was on his way to cheat on the one he claims to love. Rob sighed but knew this man just wasn't happy but wouldn't admit it to himself as something must be holding him back.

Two guys came on the plane next and they were buzzing with excitement. They were in their twenties as well as the others Rob noticed but they acted as if they just turned twenty-one. They immediately ordered drinks when they sat down and were constantly yammering about concerts and going to casinos. Rob admired their love for life.

The man who watched everyone was lonely. He liked it that way but he wouldn't mind having friends. He was a college student traveling the world and he was on his way to one of his favorite countries, France. He thought the cities were stunning and worth going back to. He laid back and the flight took off.

~

The plane began jerking to the sides and shaking uncontrollably. Chester's anxieties made him stiffen but Mike immediately tried to soothe him. Chester gripped onto his hand and trembled. Mike wrapped him in his arms, not letting him go. The plane started to react more violently and everyone suddenly knew something was wrong.

The air masks fell and Mike let go of Chester and made sure his was on comfortably. He put others on them for them and so did Chester through his mask. Mike put his on and Chester noticed a little girl who's mask was stolen by an older man. Chester pulled his off and went to the girl who looked alone. He picked her up and went back to Mike who was starting to panic at Chester's actions. Chester put the mask on the girl and hugged her tightly as the plane spiraled out of control.

Everyone started screaming and crying. Mike tried to give Chester his mask but Chester wouldn't accept it.

"Chester! Take it!" Mike begged but Chester shook his head.

"No! You need it! I can't live without you, Mike. Please take it!" Chester cried and Mike dropped the mask and looked into Chester's scared eyes.

"If you won't use it, neither will I." Mike yelled and hugged him and the little girl tightly. They cried into each other's shoulders as the plane headed closer to the ground.

~

Brad felt the plane shifting uncomfortably and pushed a button for the sturdiest to come to him. One quickly arrived.

"What's going on with the plane?" Brad voiced his concerns and the woman waved her hand, shoving it off.

"I assure you, sir, everything is okay." She said and just as she was walking away, the plane jerked and the air masks fell.

~

Phoenix and Joe cried out as their drinks were spilt. They each had their masks on and held onto each other's arms tightly. The emergency door suddenly opened near a gay couple with a little girl. They saw some passengers fly out the open door and everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs and sobbing.

Phoenix saw one of the two men holding onto the other and the girl begin to slide but the other had a firm grip and wasn't about to let him go. The two men held onto each other for dear life.

~

Rob's flight was thrown into chaos. The plane was crashing, everyone knew that by now. It was spiraling out of control and headed towards the ground at a fast pace. He was certain he would die. He looked out the window and blocked out the noise as he watched the ground getting closer.

The plane crashed.