Away (Prologue)

A/N: I'm planning on posting this entire story all at once, so I'm already a few chapters in and am for sure going to publish this one. I just wanted to release a little teaser somewhere because I've had a lot of inspiration for it lately. I hope you enjoy it and look forward to the full story. <3

-

Linkin Park wasn't on tour, but decided to preform a couple of shows at festivals over the summer. They preferred not to travel sometimes because they wouldn't get much space in the bus and whenever they just did a few festivals, they got to stay at a hotel instead of sleeping in bunks. They still had to partner up for rooms, however, as it lowered the cost for everyone. They typically kept the same roommates, rarely feeling the need to change it up.

They didn't really pick each other either, they just ended up with whoever they felt right being paired with. It wasn't a surprise Mike and Chester shared rooms. Even on the bus, they always claimed the bed across from each other, it always went without saying. Wherever Chester went, so did Mike and if Mike went somewhere, he just expected Chester to follow without asking. Brad and Rob roomed together as well, they balanced each other out and felt really close to one another. Joe and Phoenix were the remaining two, but that didn't mean they weren't as close as the others were to their roommates. While everyone felt the band was family, they all had one out of the others that they felt especially close to and that's who they spent most of their time with.

They were all currently hanging out in Mike and Chester's hotel room before they preform. They all typically gravitate towards Mike and Chester because they had the strongest connection out of the band and the others could feel that, they also felt close to them in particular as well. They were all most comfortable either with their roomie or around Mike and Chester when they were together - it filled the atmosphere with warm and comfortable vibes.

Tonight, however, there was an off feeling in the air surrounding them caused by nothing in particular. Everyone felt sort of awkward, but because there was no explanation for it, they all pushed their guts away and sat in near complete silence. They were meant to be warming up and chilling out before the show, but they all were overwhelmed with the same, unexplainable feeling which kept them from conversation and the air was growing more thick by the second.

"Okay, I can't take the silence anymore. Does everyone else have a bad feeling too?" Brad broke the silence, earning nods from the others. "Okay, why? Why does it feel like this big thing is about to happen?"

"Maybe something's gonna go wrong during our show," Rob suggested quietly, the others thinking about it. "It'll probably be something with Chester, he's always getting hurt."

"Yeah, but it feels like something more than that," Phoenix pitched in. "I don't know what it is though, I just think something's going to go very wrong."

"Like what though?" Brad pressed, but Phoenix didn't get the chance to reply as hard knocks echoed off the other side of the hotel room door. "Yeah?"

"It's Jim," Their manager informed them.

"Come in, it's unlocked," Joe said and he tried to open the door, but it was actually locked. Joe bursted out into laughter and had a devious grin across his face. "Just kidding, it's not."

"Yeah, I figured that out," Jim sounded a bit irritated, but always patient when it came to the guys jokes. "Doesn't really matter anyway, just came to tell you guys to go change for the show."

"Okay, we will. Thanks, Jim!" Brad said loud enough for Jim to hear it through the door and he sighed, standing up and looking to Rob. "Well, let's go get ready, my Roomie Robbie."

"Okay," Rob couldn't help smiling at the nickname Brad gave him. The two got up and left for their room down the hall, Phoenix and Joe going to theirs as well, leaving Mike and Chester alone. They hadn't said anything in awhile and were both beginning to worry about each other.