DAY6 - The Day/ GOT7 - Mad [K-album Review #2]

So, here I have another album review for you guys. Except this time, we are not doing one review, oh no, but two I know, I know. You can stop your fangirling now. One of them is a debut album and one, GOT7, has been around for a year or more. So they are all fresh young guys, different styles and very different sounds.

So, I will just get into it because this is going to be a long one but I thought I would make it longer to celebrate the 100th reading of this book! It may seem small to some of you guys but it is pretty crazy to me. Like, for me, when I am looking for a review of a song, I will go to YouTube. I'd rather watch it and listen than read but the fact that you guys have actually read this is pretty amazing.So, before I get any more blubby - let us get down to it!

--

DAY6 - The Day

I will be completely honest. I didn't know what to expect from a band from JYP. I mean Wonder Girls did do a band concept and that was pretty awesome but they never really did much like this I think. And in a way this is very much still like a boy group in that basically all of them sing (except the drummer I think and please correct me if I am wrong) but they still had their instruments. I just didn't know and I hadn't watched the teasers and I didn't listen to the actual title track until like a week afterwards. I was wary, I'll admit but I'll just say that I am glad I check this out!

1. Freely Free

This song is pretty peppy at the start. It is very different from the title track at the opening and the song is a little more synth pop but I really enjoy that sound. Kind of like Glen Check or Neon Bunny (and if you don't know who they are I would suggest checking them out because they are some of the best on the K-indie scene).

The rapping for me is a little out of place but not really. I don't know if I enjoy it in this song or not. But I do know that I did really enjoy the breakdown of the song before the final chorus. The chorus itself is fine, nothing too spectacular. If it wasn't for the fact that I love the actual music, I am not sure I would enjoy this song that much. But the song is pretty great for an opening track and despite the fact that I may have sounded pretty negative, I would put this song on to listen to it. I just love the sound way too much.

Not my favourite track of the album but not my least either.

2. Out Of My Mind

Now, this is getting more into the band sound and (sadly) away from that synth sound. As a song from the album, I rather this one because it works well with the album unlike the last one where it's great as a stand alone song but it doesn't exactly fit the album. It was a little too petty. This one gets rid of that and is kind of stripped bare and is very simplistic which isn't a bad thing.

The verses are pretty chill but with the beautiful strumming sound it works. The whole song kind of slows at this pace for most of it which I don't mind because it actually does sound really good. The rapping bridge is actually pretty good in this one and I enjoyed it a lot more than the last. The final chorus goes back down to that chill pace again. There's no real change or upping of the tune. As I said, it's not a band thing but it makes the song kind of blend into the album. It doesn't stand out much except for those 'ohhs' and 'ahhs' at the end which were so smooth. I'd replay just for that if I am being honest.

Good song for an album but alone it is a tad forgettable.

3. Congratulations *Title*

I haven't done a review for this song or video and I apologize for that immensely. However, that is neither here nor there now and we will forget about my mishap. I am going to say it off the bat; the son is more impressive if you watch it with the video. The chap who played a lead in that drama that I really enjoyed (I am awful with names so if you know this one leave it below please) is staring in it. It's pretty great to watch and the song fits perfectly.