UP10TION - So Dangerous / Seventeen - Mansae [K-song Review #5]

I am going to be real folks - I don't have that much to say about many songs. This is the reason why I am grouping these together and the fact that I have done a couple of album reviews and all recently. I tend to get boring and repetitive if I am trying to make something long for you guys. And that's just not fun to read.

Today, I am going to review UP10TION, which is a new group I think so this is their debut song (I think...) and Seventeen, who have previously uploaded the song 'Adore U'. But they are fairly new to the scene too. Both huge groups, both fresh - so let us see what they are bringing to the table!

--

UP10TION - So Dangerous

I am not going to lie, the dancing in this video is pretty fabulous. I am just going to say that off the bat because, like, damn and holy smokes! Those guys were killing it! Some of the moves were so new and fresh too, things that I have not seen before, which makes it all that much more impressive!

Now, can we talk about how the fade in and out thing was so overly used in this video! Like, yeah, it was cool for some scenes but they just used it everywhere. My eyes were hurting from having to move them all over the shop. I get that they are trying to introduce the members because it is a new group and because it is so large. And yes, it is very cool in the "no, no etc." part after the chorus because it just looks sick. But come on guys, it was obviously way too overdone and how no one seen that when making the video is ridiculous. But maybe that is just me and everyone else loves this. In that case, you go guys! Work that fading skills.

Side note can we appreciate the shimmy the do in the "no, no" part?

I know that I have been going on about the dance but the part straight after the first chorus is just fantastic. I have never seen a move like that and who knows, maybe that is because I am unobservant but it just looks so fresh and new.

So, how about we actually talk about the song?

I like it, especially for a rookie group. Yeah, the opening lyrics are awkward to listen to when they are like "You're so damn sexy" and all that but we can overlook this as it is their first time offence and all. The rapping is seriously hard as well. Like, whatever their names are, they are good and I can see a lot of potential here.

The chorus is very catchy and a lot better than the verses which a bit alright like. There could be a lot more done with them vocally because their voices are amazing. The pre-chorus is a bit meh too but again, I can see what they are trying to do.

Like you can see their potential during the last chorus which is just stunning. The high notes are flawless and whoever is the lead singer is doing a great job. Oh, if you are reading this and you are a fan of this group then leave a comment with all their names and what their role in the group is! You would be a life saver to all of us because honestly, I am interested in seeing where this group is going.

It is weird seeing that they don't hand much in the way of views but again, it may be because they are a rookie group and I didn't notice that much build up - nothing like what happened with a lot of other groups (cough*exo*cough). But this isn't SM so you can't exactly compare. I don't actually know who these guys are with? (TOP media trainees?)

OK, on further inspection it is T.O.P Media indeed, which I don't know much about other than the fact that Shinhwa's Andy started it (and I love Shinhwa). Teen Top and 100% are with them. I haven't herd much of 100% recently but maybe it is just because I haven't been looking out for it.

Anyway, we have gotten off topic! Maybe because it is such a small company these guys didn't get the build up that they deserved but then again, I can't really say that because we all know the build up that Teen Top (or Niel or whatever his name is) gets. We will see what these guys do in the future but hopefully they go far because I enjoyed the song and what they brought to the video, personality wise. I even downloaded the song and have been listening to it while I walk to college! Though next week I think I'll be listening to Day6 while I'm walking in. But that is another story for another day!

--

Seventeen - Mansae

I am not going to lie, I didn't quite like the song when I heard it first because for me it has nothing on 'Adore U' which is probably one of my favourite songs of the year so far! I have listened to it a couple of times more and I still don't like it more than 'Adore U' but I don't dislike it.

The verses for me are just very meh and a bit too all over the place. I mean the backing tune stays the same but the range changes a bit too much for me and I am left underwhelmed. Don't kill me! I know a lot of people like this song and a lot of people like it more than 'Adore U' but not moi!

I'll give it to them that the 'mansae' part is catchy but that's about all that I particularly enjoyed about the song to listen to. Let's just say, I didn't buy it and I won't be although I still love this group.

Now, can we get to the school uniform. You will know, if you have read my past stuff, that I don't like uniforms on the singers. The concept is way too overdone. However, for the video, I get it! I do! Also, the video is cute and quite fun to watch. The actress was in that drama recently, wasn't she? Where the main actress played two roles... ah I cannot remember the name of it! If you know, leave it below if anyone wants to check her out! But the video makes for a nice time.

The dance is good too, nothing too hardcore. But again the 'mansae' part is probably the best but I feel as if some of the quirkiness that I had seen in 'Adore U' was left out in the dance. I do rather this video though than 'Adore U' (mainly because of that damn border) but that doesn't mean that I will watch it. Because I don't watch videos really much except for the first time I hear a song.

Overall, the song is alright but I won't be listening to it again.

(And just in case you were interested, I still am listening to 'Adore U' - that is how much I love it!)